Chapter Nine

I woke up the next morning from the best sleep I've had in weeks. The first thing I saw was Vic's innocent sleeping face. It was extremely freeing to not have to hold back my urge to kiss him anymore. My confusion of my sexuality was nothing more than an annoying buzzing in the back of my mind. It didn't matter here. In this room, nobody could judge us or discriminate us. It did still send my heart racing in a fight or flight preparation. But there was nothing to fight, and definitely nothing to flee from. Brushing a strand of hair off his cheek, I pressed a kiss on his nose but it did nothing to ease the butterflies in my stomach. But it did wake him up, his long eyelashes fluttering as he opened his eyes to the new day.

"Good morning," he whispered smilingly.

"The best one yet," I blurted, making him giggle.

He gave me a peck on the lips before getting off the bed. "C'mon, you have to get ready for work."

Groaning, I rolled on the bed but didn't get up. Vic has already disappeared into the bathroom to get ready, giving me a few more minutes to stay in bed. The bed always feels nicer in the morning, I don't know why. Eventually, Vic came back out and forced me out of bed before tending to Copeland as he did every morning. We had breakfast and I was on my way to work not long after.

I was in a state of dreamy bliss during the entire journey to work. Everything seemed brighter now that I had a weight lifted off me. But I was snapped out of that dreamy state when I entered the back room of the shop.

Two figures were tightly entwined and making rather sloppy noises. I recognised the guy in the red uniform and patch of bleached hair but I didn't know the other one straddling him in his seat. He had brown hair and a rose tattoo on the back of his hand. That was all I could see with the way they held each other. They didn't even realise that I had come in until I cleared my throat.

Both boys jumped to their feet and faced me, both blushing furiously. "Oh, hi Kellin," Jack started. "I didn't know you came in."

"I realise that," I replied sarcastically, making the two blush even harder. "Who's this?"

"Oh, um, Kellin this is Alex," Jack introduced. "Alex, this is my co-worker, Kellin."

"Nice to meet you," Alex smiled shyly and shook my hand.

"It's a pleasure," I returned. "Jack's talked a lot about you."

Alex laughed and flicked his gaze to Jack, whose cheeks were redder than any tomato. "Well, I hate to go now," he said, quickly. "I'll see you next time."

"Have a good day," I said cheerfully.

He gave Jack a shy peck on the cheek before ducking out of the shop. I turned back to Jack and smiled. "He seems nice," I said.

He nodded. "Yeah, he's great," he agreed and blushed even deeper, if that was even possible. "He just popped in to say hello before work started," he tried to explain but I held up a hand to stop him.

"It's fine," I cut in. "I totally understand."

Jack looked positively grateful that I wasn'tabout to pester him. I chuckled.

=====

This was a short filler chapter. I hope you liked it. Vote and comment!