Chapter 15:

ta da. Holy crap, an update in four days I'm on a bit of a role. Anyway check out 'The Prince' on my page it's a novella about younger Ryder and will be published soon. Enjoy lovelies.

.-.-.-.

Reynolds had moved me to a seat once the growls outside had retreated back slightly. I wasn't the only female in the room but other than some young boys my guards were the only males in the room. He crouches down near my legs as they others stand around me.

The room is filled with younger and older women some with kids in their arms that need to be calmed and others that are content to sit peacefully at their mother's feet. After watching them for a short while I notice something unnerving about them.

"They're used to it." my voice is quite as I speak my thoughts.

"Attacks from rebels used to be rare one every three years or so but it was four years ago they got more persistent. We reordered that there numbers were higher and they were starting to fight for something other than to just kill wolves. They want the thrown. And sadly yes some of these kids now think of running to these safety places as a routine." Reynolds is watching me closely as he speaks quietly so everyone else in the room with heightened senses doesn't know we are talking about them.

"You also keep them calm, Lottie." Cole says as he comes in closer to me bending like Reynolds is so they're both at a similar height to me. "Through your mark is a bond to Ryder. They can sense that and that you are our queen. They're feeding from your strength."

"They're your wolves now Lottie. You need to be strong for them." At Reynolds words I notice a mother trying to get her toddlers attention back to her.

He's smiling at me from behind a bottle of milk and I smile back at him lightly. When I acknowledge him he takes steps away from his mother. She tries to grab him but she has another little boy snuggling into his chest.

When he gets closer to me Reynolds eyes him suspiciously as if the boy who could barely be two foot tall is a threat to me. Tucking my loose curls behind my ear I look down at the little boy that has presented himself to me.

Just behind the little boy his mum appears and she says something to me in Jordenian that I vaguely recognise as an apology.

"No," I say smiling at her as she eyes Reynolds and Cole who give her their own look. "It's fine."

"Your Majesty," she says to me in English with a deep bow, the little boy giggling into her chest as she takes hold of her other little boy's hand. "Come on Rylan. Let's leave our beautiful queen alone."

I smile when he waves at me but I can't wave back at him. The high chance of pregnancy when Ryder and I were to mate during my heat was what mainly scared me. The idea of having a mini version of both Ryder and I made me happy. I needed a reassurance of a good motherly figure in my life before I became my own mother.

Allie had become a mother to me and she had adopted the role becoming a very permanent part of my life. Now it seemed that I had Colette as well. She bought me the hope of memories and the answers of so many questions. She bought me the life that I had dreamt of.

"You'll make a good mother Lottie, don't doubt yourself." Cole says from my side.

Cole and I had a distant relationship but I was still comfortable around him and trusted him. He was always very quiet and reserved the only time when I had ever seen him do something playful was the first time I actually got to look at him, not the first time we saw each other and he practically threw me over the back of Ryder's large wolf. The time I walked into the training room and saw him bouncing his son on his leg, he was happy with his family.