Chapter 1: A Wish

The cool, northern air whirled all around me as I walked home. The dark clouds promising a chance of rain.

I dragged my converses across the dirty pavement, kicking every rock in sight.

A loud boom of thunder rumbled across the grey, London sky. It reminded me of my father.

"Don't be frightened my child." He would say when I ran to him for comfort. "It's only a little thunder." He passed away years ago, leaving me with only bittersweet memories.

A few drops of rain hit the pavement around me as I begin to run. All hell lets loose right as I reach the bright red front door of our flat, and the smell of spagettii greets me.

"Ah Sam you're home." Bradley says. "Go dry off, you're soaked."

My brother, Bradley reminds me of my father. Deep british accent, light brown hair, kind blue eyes. He held this family together and I couldn't credit him enough.

"Sammy!" Jack, my younger brother calls from upstairs. He runs to greet me at the door.

"Hey bud! How was school?"

"We took a trip to Buckingham Palace today! Boy was it grand!" he says.

"And what lingo you've picked up on while you were there!" I say, poking his nose.

I go upstairs, change into dry clothes and go back down for dinner.

"Samantha," Bradley starts. "The school called. You're failing your calculus class."

"I hate math. Letters don't belong in equations. They belong in the damn alphabet." I huff.

"That's no excuse."

"Then pull me out! I'll mainstream high school! There is no reason for all these honors classes if I'm failing every one!"

"You just have to try harder." he says, raising his tone.

"Im stupid and you know it! I hate high school! I dont fit in! Everything about that place is stereotyped to the next level. It's bullshit!"

"Try harder." He repeated. "I believe in you and I know,"

"You're not my father! You're not a father! Stop trying to act like one!" I cut him off.

He looked shocked and slightly hurt, but today I just didn't have the energy to care. "Whatever."

I stand, forgetting about my plate, still piled high with spaghetti. I go up to my room and slam the door.

He doesn't understand. Everyone pushes me around and the teachers are fucking terrible.

Maybe high school was different for him. Hell he was even popular! I just live in his shadow like I always have, never living up to the expectations of the Ford name.

With actions blinded by anger, I toss the framed picture of Bradley and I across the room. The glass shattering upon impact.

I took a deep breath and reached for the picture of my dad and I.

A small tear fell down the surface of my cheek as I whispered, "Why couldn't you have taken me with you?"

________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! my first wattpad story! Harry will come in the next chapter or so. I will try to post at least three times a week!