Hospital Visists

"Why can you not learn the bloody lesson already? You stupid Americans are all the same; lazy and thick headed!" Snape was yelling in my face, spitting all over me with his words. We have been in the dungeons for two hours and I still have not improved on my occlumency skills. No matter how hard I tried, I could not keep the greasy-haired man out of my mind. He saw every kiss between Draco and I, the moments alone with Harry, and even the memories I have of my mother. Nothing was a secret from him.

My anger towards my Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher was increasing. He knew all of my secrets and embarrassing moment in my life. Snape saw my first kiss with Timmy Davis under the monkey bars and when I spilled my lunch all over Jessica Hills at school when we were fifteen. My face is flushed and my heart beat is way too high for it to be healthy. How the hell am I supposed to keep him out of my head? He never even told me how to do anything!

Slowly, objects in the cupboards started moving. They were rattling in their places and a few already fell to the floor. Glass shattered and the contents of jars were spilled over the office floor. There was even a slight breeze that blew my blonde hair around my face. My wand in one hand I began to yell, "This is torture! How can you expect me to succeed if you don't even tell me what to do! I may be new to being a witch but I'm not stupid!" My words echoed off the stone walls while even more objects broke.

A shocked expression on Snape's face showed how frightened he was of what was happening. I may not even know myself but I'm not scared. Without a word, the professor lifted his wand to point at me. I had no warning as to what spell he casted at me but I knew it was harmful. I was flying through the air before I could do anything, my head hitting the wall and everything blacked out before I even hit the ground.

My eyes would not open no matter how hard I tried. The sounds I heard were muffled and hardly ever were audible. Only a few words of conversations made it to my brain, "...Hit her head..." "Draco... leave..." "...I love you..." None of it made sense to me. To top it all off, my head was killing me. I could feel each pump of blood through my brain. I felt like I was about to cry from the pain.

It seemed like an eternity before I felt like I was slowly gaining control of my body back. The pain in my head washed away with each passing moment. Bending my fingers in a fist I head a gasp come from somewhere close to me. In no time at all, someone grabbed onto my hand gently and smoothed my hair down. I felt calm having them with me even if I did not know who it was.

It was my curiosity that finally gave me the power to open my eyes. Bright light blinded me at first but my eyes quickly adjusted to the light. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, I looked around the hospital wing. My eyes landed on a boy who I will forever be close to; the one, the only, Harry Potter. Our eyes connected and simultaneously smiles spread across our faces.

A laugh escaped from my mouth and Harry joined in along with my laughter. "Why are you laughing Rose?" Harry barely got the words out of his mouth. My only answer was a simple shrug of my shoulders. It was obvious that neither of us knew why we were laughing so much. With watery eyes and no sign of stopping, I kept on laughing as did Harry.

Our laughing fit was interrupted by the doors opening. Before I even had a chance to turn around, I heard my name called out, "Rose! You're awake!" It was approximately two seconds later, arms flung around my neck and all I could see was bushy, brown hair. With no thinking required, I threw my own arms around Hermione's waist. I squeezed her tight and did not want to let my best friend go.

Leaning back so I could look Hermione in the face I saw that she had been crying. Her eyes were red and puffy and tears were still in her eyes. "Hey... What's the matter?" Concern was written all over my face I am sure. I looked past Hermione and saw Ron standing next to my bed. I gave him a smile and turned my attention back to Hermione.

A confused look washed over my friend's face. Hermione simply looked at me then at our friends. Turning back, she held onto my hand, "You're in the hospital wing Rose. You have been unconscious for over a week now. Snape sent a curse at you while you were practicing with him." Her voice was higher pitch than normal and cracked at a few words. I wiped away her tears and looked towards the boys. Maybe they could tell me a little more.

Both of them had serious faces now and it looked as if there was hatred in their eyes. I must have looked confused because Harry began to explain, "While you were practicing occlumency with Snape, you supposedly got out of control. He claimed that you sent objects all around the room from not being able to control your anger. He cursed you so you would not bring harm to anyone. He's a bloody git if you ask me! You're not dangerous at all." Harry's words dripped with sarcasm and hatred for our professor. But what he said made no sense... How could I have done something like that? Also, Snape is a teacher so he would never harm one of his students.

During the ramblings going on inside my head, the doors to the hospital wing opened yet again. Dumbledore walked in with Snape following closely behind him. Without any hesitation Harry bellowed out, "Get out of here! You'll hurt Rose again, you foul git!" He was standing up at the point with his wand pointed at Snape, hatred filled his eyes. I never knew he could be so intimidating before...