Draco's Secret Mission

My best friends left me. I was left alone by the Black Lake. There was no one there to joke with or even talk to. Hours past but I did not get up. The day had turned into night but I did not care. They had left. I had upset my new friends because I was worried about still being friends with their enemy. Harry and Ron's face had shown the hurt and disloyalty they felt on their faces. In my heart I knew I lost their friendship.

I have only learned I was a witch less than a month ago but so much has already happened. The first day in a new country I had my first kiss with a guy I felt attracted to from the beginning. I started attending to a brand new boarding school. Fell in love with a new sport I had to fly around on a broom to play. Make amazing friends. I lost those friends as well. It seems as if my life can't be good for a little while; something always has to happen to ruin it.

With tears running down my face, I wiped my nose and stood up to leave. All I wanted at this point was a warm blanket to curl up in and sleep. When I turned around, my watery eyes landed on a figure. It was too dark to be able to tell who was standing a few feet in front of me so I called out to them, "Who's there?" My voice quivered due to the fact I had been crying. Also, I was scared to who might be standing there in the shadows.

Taking a few steps towards me to get in the light of the moon, I saw the face of my visitor. Shock was written all over my face I'm sure. "What's wrong Rose? Did Potter and Weasley hurt you?" Draco Malfoy looked concerned. Moving closer to me he cupped my face in his hands and looked for any physical damage. He soon realized I wasn't in any physical pain he wiped the tears off my face with his thumb and pulled me to his muscular chest.

Not knowing what to do, I stood there in his arms. Minutes passed and we did not speak; we did not move. Even though on principle I was suppose to hate Draco Malfoy I could not. Being in his presence felt normal, natural even. I did not want to leave anymore. Looking up at Draco's face I whispered, "Why are you here? I thought you hated me now because I was sorted into Gryffindor. You won't even look at me now."

At this point new tears started to pour out of my eyes. I was scared of what Draco might say. His eyes connected with mine and never breaking eye contact his pulled me down to the ground to sit with him. One of his hands reached out to brush my hair behind my ear to look at my face. In his eyes I saw he was fighting an internal battle. There was also pain and sorrow; what has caused him so much hurt? All I wanted to do was pull him close and take away his pain.

After a few minutes Draco looked off into the distance and began to speak. His voice was shaky but it was music to my ears. "Rose I do not know how to say this but I'm not good for you. Since the school term started I have tried to keep my distance. It was against orders but I have tried to keep you safe. I was told to make you fall for me, to keep you away from Potter." His words were quiet but I did not know what they meant. I urged him to continue. Scooting a little away from me, Draco began again. "There are dark forces in this world Rose. I know you know this, your parents knew this, and everyone in the wizardry world knows this. I am not willing to risk your life to be friends with you." His body was shaking and it was still warm out.

Draco's words brought tears to my eyes, not because they were true because I knew they were, but because of the pain behind them. Without thinking I moved closer to Draco and held onto his hands. I processed his words and only some of it made sense to me. "Draco, what do you mean you were told to make me for fall you? I don't understand."

Taking a deep breath, the Slytherin turned towards me to explain his words. In a very serious tone he said, "The Dark Lord wants you on his side. You are part of the mission he gave me. I was told to get you to fancy me and to hate Potter. He tried to take you before school even started. The Dark Lord had sent someone to kidnap you but your mother fought them off, my aunt, Bellatrix Lestrange murdered your mother trying to get to you. I'm so sorry. That is why I am trying to stay away from you; I believe you would be safer being friends with Potter." I knew what he was saying was the truth and he knew I believed him.

Turning towards the Black Lake, I looked our surroundings. The moon's light bounced off of the dark, murky water onto everything in reach. Owls were flying in the night sky, blocking out stars as they flew above us. I could smell the smoke being emitted from Hagrid's little hut. It was soothing being out on the grounds so late at night. It was easy to think about the news I was told.

Even though I found out the most evil wizard in the world is out to get me, I wasn't scared in the least. I knew Draco would do everything in his power to protect me if he needed to. I also gave a mission to myself; kill the witch who murdered my mother. I knew what I had to do, "If you do not succeed in your mission Draco, you will surely be killed. Do not worry about my own safety, yours is in more danger." I leaned over to give him a kiss on the cheek, shocking him immensely. We barely knew each other but he was putting his life in danger to try to keep mine safe.

Without a word Draco pulled me into his lap. His hands caressed my face and his eyes stared deeply into mine. I noticed his eyes were a light shade of gray; they were hypnotic, I couldn't look away. I'm not sure if either of us had noticed, but we were slowly moving our lips closer to each other's. That night, next to the Black Lake, I kissed Draco Malfoy for the second time.