Repercussions

“Please just make it stop. I’ll do anything you want…” My voice was hoarse from screaming for the past hour. Training is what Voldemort called it; according to him, having siren blood being injected into my blood stream is some kind of form of training. Every five minutes, a new vial of blood was injected into my body reigniting the flames rushing through my body. This was the first time in history that something like this was happening; no one knew the side effects and consequences that would happen.

Rolling onto my side, my vision going black, I could barely contain the scream at the back of my throat. Thinking of Draco was the only thing helping me through the pain. If this experiment works the way it is supposed to, I will be able to keep him safe. “Draco…” His name slipped out of my mouth, only loud enough to be heard but it was heard nonetheless.

Kneeling down to be face to face with me, Voldemort smirked at me. “On the subject of your relationship status, you cannot be with Draco once you get back to Hogwarts. Part of your mission will to seduce Potter; he must fall in love with you. As soon as you succeed, you will bring him to me and his life will end.” There was happiness in, pure enjoyment, in his eyes. It was completely out of character; that made it so much worse.

 I no longer registered the pain from the injections; terror is the only thing I feel. There is no way out of this. No more seeing Draco and depending on him to get me through the day. No more lazy afternoons sitting around the grounds at school. Plus, now Harry is getting dragged even further into my web of lies.

Tears trickled down my face. Noticing my emotional change, Voldemort spoke sharply, “Now you will know not to make a fool out of me. You cannot tell Draco about this, it has to be believable. If I find out that you told Draco, he will be the one that suffers from your stupidity.”  He sneered at the shock on my face, not until now has he ever said anything even slightly rude to me.

I don’t have the energy to say anything; I could only nod my head to show my agreement. The door to the small room we were in opened, showing Bellatrix sauntering in. Noticing my pain, she smirked and gave a slight chuckle. “I apologize for interrupting my Lord, but there is news of Gregorovich. Dolohov was able to track down where he imprisoned.”

The news was all it took for Voldemort to forget about me and leave the room. It was as if I don’t exist anymore, that also means no more injections and no more pain. I could finally relax, as much as I could as long as I’m in the presence of Bellatrix that is. As long as I’m in the same room as her, I have to resist the urge of killing her to avenge my mother’s murder.

Strolling towards me, Bellatrix pulled out her wand. She now has my full attention, watching every move she makes, I slowly move into a sitting position while pulling out my own wand. “If you hurt me in any way, you will be punished. I am the Dark Lord’s favorite after all.” I hate that I have to pull that card; it shows that I’m weak, that I can’t protect myself.

“Yes, beg for your safety you pathetic, little girl.” I heard her words but her mouth never even opened. How is that even possible? “Draco could do so much better than you.”

At the mention of Draco, my anger boiled over and I could not stop myself from speaking against her. “How dare you call me pathetic! If anyone here is pathetic, it’s you! You’re the one that is jealous of me for becoming the Dark Lord’s favorite follower. To think that a 16 year old girl is more important in his eyes than you are!” My outburst must have shocked her because she stopped moving towards me.

Bellatrix cocked her head to the side, clearly confused with the situation. “How do you know what I was thinking? I didn’t say anything out load. What is going on here?” As she asked her question, she took a few steps back. She was standing in the hallway with the door still open. Her position was drawing attention; others were gathering around her looking in the room at me trying to figure out what was going on.

It was Draco that took a step into the room. He smiled gently at me, noticing that something was wrong he quickly pulled me into his arms. “What happened love? What’s wrong?” Words would not come out of my mouth, I couldn’t speak.

It wasn’t hard for Draco’s aunt to talk though; she seemed to be perfectly fine with making me appear to be unnatural. “She can read minds now Draco. She can potentially know everything that you know. She isn’t normal; she is not from the pure bloodline.” She laughed like a mad woman while she walked down the corridor nonchalantly. 

As soon as her words sunk in, Draco turned to look me in the eyes. I could see the questioning in his grey eyes; the eyes I loved dearly were looking at me as if I was someone else. I nodded my head to show that what Bellatrix said true; I can now read minds.