The Maiden And The Wolf --- Chapter 15 (Improved)

Hey guys, here's Chapter 15, hope you all like it! (Sorry for the wait as always!) <3

Please Comment, vote and become a fan! :D

***

Elena sat bolt upright, a screaming tearing from her lips as he body cramped and locked with terror at the image burning lividly within her mind. She could feel the knife edge against her throat like it had really been there and not against Dakota's. They had been so close that time but yet again something got in the way ever on her or his side of reality. However this time it was very real and Elena knew better then she knew anything at that point that Dakota was in grave danger at this very instant.                                                                                             

Vell was dragging himself across the stone floor of the cell towards Elena, concern written clearly over his face. Reaching her side he touched her arm with his hand but Elena gasped at the contact and shuffled away.                                         

Wrapping her arms around her knees Elena clamped her eyes shut, trying to drive herself to fall into unconsciousness and be with Dakota again, to save him from the man in the shadows with the knife.                                                               

"Elena?" murmured Vell, inching closer, "what is it? What's wrong?"            

Ragged sobs tore from Elena's throat and huge pearly tears rolled down her cheeks as she opened her mouth and sobbed, "It's Dakota, he's in danger and I can't do anything about it! He needs me and I stuck here!"                                            

Elena leapt to her feet and passed over to the cell door, her body shaking and head pounding. She hardly heard Vell get to his feet too behind her.                 

Throwing her shoulder against the solid metal door a loud bang echoed through the stone. Clenching her teeth together against the pain Elena slammed again at the door every time she did sharp panging pains shoot through her body.  

Sobbing Elena slid down the door collapsing onto her knees her elbows against the cold metal door.                                                                                                           

"I can't..." Elena whispered, clenching her hands in her hair, "I need to get out of here...I need...Dakota needs..."

She let out a shrill cry of frustration and hammered her clenched hands against the door.                                                                

"You really do love him, don't you?" sighed Vell, again the disappointment and resentment could be heard clearly in his tone.   

Elena hardly heard him through the blood pounding deep in her ears and the vibrating banging as he pummelled the cell door.                                                   

Vell was grappling silently with himself, on one hand he yearned to help Elena to stop the pain she was feeling but on the other he felt jealous of a man he had never met in his life because he was with Elena. Groaning with confusion and frustration Vell clenched his fists and burrowed his brow. He needed to think but he couldn't concentrate because of the noise Elena was making. Her attempts to get out of the cell were obviously futile but that made it all the worse.