She gasped, ready to flick his arm with her hand to lower her head, and went back to her breakfast as Josh and Christine joined them at the table. Zaid gathered his papers and put them aside. The folded papers under Christine's arm joined them.

"I thought you were on holiday," she noted, taking a seat and flicking a napkin over her knees.

"Charlotte is," Zaid answered for her. "However, if she gives me the papers out of the goodness of her heart, then she would," he said with warning.

"Just like to know. I had to hunt them down."

"Sorry, habit," Lottie offered, turning towards Josh. "Have a good night?"

He smiled. "Let's say interesting." She frowned. "Yes, it was nice. And yourself?"

"Very nice indeed. I love the stars at night, all the quiet, and serenity."

"You always did," Josh noted. "You could always find Lottie reading or studying in some hidden corner, away from all the noisy fun, munching on cheese."

Zaid frowned. She smiled reaching under the table to squeeze his leg. "I did," she agreed. "My very clever, artist family. Missed me completely, the artist side."

"That's debatable," he noted. "Lately you have been very artistic."

She laughed. "I thought that was annoying?" His hand covered hers to squeeze.

"Close."

"Are you saying that the artists are annoying," Josh asked innocently. 

She felt Zaid stiffen, knowing how much he had given to the arts.

"No, you have no idea..."

"Charlotte," Zaid said to fall quiet. His thumb rubbed over her hand. She glanced at him, shaking his head. He didn't explain, ever. She leaned closer, drawing him closer to her.

"That's not fair," she whispered. "You do so much for the arts."

"None of their business."

She sighed. "You make it so hard."

"Why?" he asked confused.

"Boasting of what you have done. It's so frustrating. I'm so proud of you," she said softly.

"Then that is all the validation I need. Who are these people to me?"

"I could say the same thing about me."

He held her gaze. "You are, and always would be my Charlotte." A lump formed in her throat, finding it hard to swallow, curling her fingers around his knee. It was the nicest thing anyone had ever said to her.

"As you're my Zaid. Okay, no boasting," she promised. "But I'm so proud of you." She leaned in closer, kissing his cheek, then turned to Josh smiling. "You have no idea what you're talking about." She zipped her lips, locked with an imaginary key to toss away.

Zaid laughed openly, deeply, and richly. "And you don't call that artistic. Babe, are you finished?" She turned to him shocked to smile.

"For what?"

"A trip of a lifetime?"

"Of course," she beamed. Excusing themselves they stood, hands locked, and walked away. Lottie glanced briefly behind her at the stunned couple. Hugging herself mentally, she walk at his side to pause as he stopped a staff member.

"Is everything ready?" Zaid enquired.

"As you wished, sire."

"Good, tell our guests after we leave."