Chapter 23 (Edited)

Comenzar desde el principio

“I’ll have a caramel frappuccino and a hot chocolate,” I told her as I pulled out a twenty dollar bill. The girl gave me back the change and made my drinks all the while smiling at me like a love stuck idiot. I sighed as she walked over to me with the drinks and gave her one smile in return then left, conveniently forgetting to take the piece of paper she had given me with her number on it, it would never work out.

I drank my hot chocolate as I walked, occasionally switching hands because the hot chocolate was too hot and the caramel frappuccino was freezing my hand. By the time I was back at the room the hot chocolate cup was almost empty. I balanced the two drinks as I stuck the key card in the card reader and then pushed open the door.

To my surprise Alexandria was actually sitting up and not still sleeping. She got up immediately and took her drink from me with a smile, she must really love that drink.

“Do you want to take shower before we leave?” Alexandria asked between sips of her drink.

“No I would rather just go already to find some of the people on the list,” I replied. Was Alexandria’s help really worth all this hassle? Alexandria smirked as she dipped a finger into the whipped cream of her drink and then licked it.

“Well I was planning on taking a shower so you’ll be waiting either way.” I groaned; all this delay was very annoying. Alexandria laughed and then walked into the bathroom.

“Well what if I changed my mind and wanted to take a shower?” I said.

“Ladies first,” she called back. I rubbed my eyes and then turned on the TV. There was nothing really on so I just watched the news, by the end of Alexandria’s shower I knew a lot about the weather in many places around here. “Alright I'm done, you can shower now,” Alexandria stated as she came out in black jeans and a long violet three quarter sleeve t-shirt. Her hair was dripping onto her shirt as she ran her fingers through it trying to unknot it.

I walked past her and before I had even closed the bathroom door the noise of a hair dryer filled the room. I showered quickly deciding that I would try to waste as little time that I could. Alexandria’s hair was miraculously dry considering the time she actually had to dry it, only the tips of her hair were slightly damp and the rest of her hair cascaded in perfect flawless waves. I towel dried my hair and then gestured to the door.

“Now can we leave?” I asked her. Alexandria gave me an exasperated look and then shrugged.

“Sure, so where are we going?” I stared at her surprised, I didn’t have the slightest clue; she still had to look at the list. “You need me to look at the list so how about you just hold on for a moment and exercise patience? Where’s the list?” she asked holding out her hands. I stared at her nails for a few seconds and then pulled the list out of my pocket, somehow Alexandria had enough time to even paint her nails a light shiny purple. Everything seemed to go perfectly for her, was that a perk of being a vampire? Did the normal laws of the universe normally not affect vampires? Alexandria snatched the list out of my hands and then scanned the list.

“I don’t know any of this people,” she started to say but then stopped. “Wait I think I do know some people at the bottom of the list.” I eagerly looked over her shoulder trying to see what name she knew. “Brandon Carmichael, it’s just an alias though,” she explained.

“What’s his real name?” I asked her. She shrugged as she picked up her black jacket and threw it over her arm. She checked that she had her wallet and everything else she needed was with her then headed towards the door.

“His real names doesn’t matter, anyways I'm sure you’ll find out who he is soon enough. Are you coming?” I nodded and then followed her out of our room. When we got to the lobby there was already a taxi outside presumably waiting for us, more vampire luck perhaps? Alexandria got in the back seat after me and then leaned forward to give the name of the place to the driver, it was a Conservation Park. We weren’t supposed to be sight seeing; we were supposed to look for Brandon Carmichael or whatever his name was. I was about to protest when Alexandria silenced me with a look, I supposed I would just have to trust her.