H2O Delirious

Y/N"

"Nope, don't even try to apologize Johnathan. Nothing can undo what you did."

Your worst fear had just come true, you had walked into your bedroom and had seen John with another girl. In bed. Doing,stuff. You shook your head to remove the image.

Johnathan now sat on your couch looking very sad and very red in the face.

"Can I explain?" he asked, not meeting your eyes.

You resumed your pacing. "No. I really really don't want to hear it." You turned and looked at him, "What I want, well what I want is for you to go. Get everything you own and go."

You watched as John's face fell, but he stood up and walked upstairs. Following his exit you took a seat at the kitchen table. You expected to be overcome with sobs but you wouldn't shed a tear. Your whole body was numb. Numb with anger, sadness, and some form of relief.

You managed to stay numb until every trace of him was gone. The first sobs came in the shower, when his shampoo was missing. After that you cried for a full week. But soon that sadness faded away and you embraced the single life. Instead of filling your days with John, you filled them with friends.

You started to fall back into ways you had given up for John. You stopped straightening your hair and left it wavy. You wore the perfume he claimed made him sneeze but really hated. You embraced he heels that made you taller than him.

Day by day the pain lessened. You redid your apartment, adopted a puppy, and started writing again. Your friends told you how you'd become radiant, seemingly happier than you'd been in a while.

Three months after the breakup you were out to lunch with some friends. It was a posh little cafe in LA and it was the warmest day of the year - so far.

You were wearing a new dress, one that enhanced your natural curves, to say the least. Your hair was longer than it was when you were with John, and you were wearing it wavy again. You were wearing the perfume he hated and the heels that made you taller than he was.

The world stopped spinning when you saw him enter the cafe. By the looks of his face, his world stopped too. Evan walked in behind him, and gave you a small wave. You waved back before turning back to your friends. Your heart didn't start racing like you thought it would and tears didn't instantly well up in your eyes.

A short while later your phone buzzed, a text from a seemingly random number. But you knew. You knew the minute you saw the message

meet me outside, we need to talk

Against your better judgement, you excused yourself and headed outside.

"Hi" John said quietly

"Hi"

"Thanks for coming out here. I didn't think you would."

"I didn't think I would either, but here we are."

"You look, amazing, by the way."

"Thanks"

"You don't believe me but, I really am sorry."

"Thanks,"

"I miss you like crazy. You're all I think about. I want you back and I'm willing to do anything y/n. Anything."

"That's nice John but, I can't. I have finally gotten over you and as much as I'd like to forgive you, I can't."

"Ya, I thought you'd say that. Here then." John said as he handed you a folded up piece of paper."

You took it and turned to walk back inside. As you walked away you heard a soft voice mumble "Why in the fucking world did I ever let her get away."

A small smile escaped your lips as you rushed back inside.

You didn't read the paper until late that night as you were lying in bed with your puppy. The piece of paper was folded a million times but the handwriting was neat.

5 things the person who gets to love Y/N forever should know

1. If your ever so lucky as to see her genuine smile, capture it in your memory for eternity.

2. If she's sad make her a warm cup of tea and bring her the softest blanket around, she'll thank you later.

3. Dance with her in the rain, enjoy how carefree and innocent she looks, it's her favorite thing to do.

4. She will fight you to the death if she thinks she's right. Don't fight back because, most of the time, she is.

5. If you are ever so lucky to get the chance to love her, never let go because you will spend the rest of your life regretting it.