•Teenagers• [C:G]

Imagine
Word count: 790

"Carl?" You say while in the midst of searching for your close friend. After Hershel's farm got over run, nearly a year ago. Things began to change–much different from the way they were before. Relationships had changed, the groups' location has also been altered, to a prison non-the-less. How we managed our family also partook.

Nearly all if not everything, was different now. However, even with all altercations no one had room to complain. Out of all the misery and pain that had barreled down on you guys this past year,  things always found a way to work itself out.

Today the group needs more volunteers for the weekly run. Couple cars prepare for a trip to some store named, BigSpot–having been mostly Glenn's idea.

After spending many wasted minutes looking for Carl, you were close to giving up.

"Y/n!" Carl yells in your direction, suddenly making you spin completely around–your own mind wondering how you hadn't seen him. As for the usual, Carl was knee deep in soil and sweat, having been working most of his day in the garden.

You take your time, slowly make your way towards Carl. Subtle thoughts and memories flush back to you from times at the farm. Anyone could say Carl and you were close and always had been, it was hard not to be.

Personally you would classify yours and Carls relationship as strictly friends. But as your mind repeats that phrase, blood and a pink tint rise to the tops of your checks. It wasn't normal for you to hold much in, certainly not that. Most of the times thoughts of yours wanted to escape from your throat and leap at Carl. But you still held it together.

You had mentioned to Daryl, briefly that is. Exactly how you felt about the situation. He honestly never gave you any sort of long reply or useful advice, just a nod and on the occasional would tell you, "Don't be going out there and get yourself hurt."

You snap back into reality once you approach Carl. "Everything alright?" Carl had asked with sympathy, practically making your heart melt.

"Uh, nothing. Going on a run with Daryl, Glenn, Michonne the new guy Zach, and a few others. Just wanted to say bye before we left." You turn back around in the direction you came and begin to walk away.

Short moments later, "Y/n, wait up!" You turn around with curiosity once Carl had referred to your nickname. You don't say anything, just turning on your heels to meet eye contact Carl's.

He breaks into a small and effortless jog to catch up with you. Carl stops, once both of you are just inches apart.

Then, right there, while standing in the middle of the prisons' dirt path, that lead to either of its ends. He gracefully places one hand on your check, delicately stroking that one side. Chills and goose bumps splotch your back while the tint filled your cheeks yet again.

All of a sudden you were taken back as he leans. You chose not to deny or back away. Instead your body moves itself closer, leaning further into the swift peck.

The kiss was short and sweet. When he pulls away, he began to whisper into your ear causing the bumps to go ecstatic. "Be careful. I don't need anything to happen to you. I can't always be there to watch for you. If anyon–anything were to take you away from me, I don't know what I would do." Before trotting back off to finish his farm work, again he whispers. "I haven't gotten the chance to make you mine."

Your left to stand there, in complete shock. Slowly, his words break down your wall. The one you had to put in place to protect yourself, was no longer there.

Leaning against the wire fence was Daryl, he lets a sigh of exhaustion release. "About damn time." Your eyes dart directly towards Daryl's

"Someone jealous?" You state with a hint of nothing but pure excitement, as your checks start to mellow.

Again he sighs, "I feel like I am trapped, in the middle of a damn romance novel."
"You will get over it sweet cheeks. Maybe its just worth the reading."

He huffed, "Let's go kid." While rubbing the top of your head, messing up your pre-tangled hair.

You hesitantly turn around, one last time. Spotting Carl as he shines his charming smile.

How could a teenager be so lucky, in the middle of the most unluckiest world? Your left to ponder, as the group and you, pack up for the run.

------------------------------
Published: <2016
(Recent) Edited: March 14, 2017