Chapter 3: Cliff's opening

ابدأ من البداية

"I'll, find another way in! You can still make it if you fly! Don't let me hold you back!!" he shouted mid-sprint.

These words, however, made Natalie suddenly grind to a halt. Andrew now passing on ahead of her stopped running and turns around to Natalie surprised by her actions.

Before he could call her name he saw the fear in her eyes once more.

"I'll find another way in-"

"No," Mumbled Natalie, looking up to Andrew after cutting him off.

She shakes her head repeatedly ever so slightly drilling in the fact.

Andrew was left in a state of conflict. Trying to reason with her left them no time and they both will miss out, he would go himself and try to get her in but he will just miss the opening at his pace.

An opening that may never reveal itself again.

He knew that Natalie already noticed this herself. He remembers how she was about to go on this quest alone five years ago. They spoke of and understood the risk. How people can be crueler than even demons. They knew the risks; that they have been lucky most times getting here. But there was too much at stake to stop now. Too much they left behind to simply turn back

He doubles back to the now to see Natalie's wings of night being summoned. Seeing her resolve he bitterly nodded... that was until her eyes locked onto his with a face as if saying; There-is-no-way-in-hell-that-I'm-leaving-you-here.

Before Andrew could question if that's wishful thinking on his part he found himself being tackled by Natalie right into his center lifting him up and leaping them off the ground. With a good view of her wings flapping he saw the ground descend six feet and the plane around him flurry on by as he picked up speed. To his disbelief, he was being carried by Natalie and flown back first towards the closing cliff face.

Too scared to even dare look back he latched onto his sword to help him form knight's armor around his body to protect himself from a likely collision with the solid rock face. The dark mist illuminates around him like a second layer of skin.

Just as Andrew adapted to the speed Natalie somehow flies even faster. Almost losing his breath from the vertigo Andrew's eyes widen almost out of their sockets as the land mass shrinks in front of him. Imagining the closing rock face rushing into view behind him he closed his eyes as the sliding noise of the doors grew ever closer.

Suddenly the remaining light though his pulps faded into total darkness. He feels himself crash on solid ground with Natalie still latching onto him as he fell and tumble. He looks up to see the last slither of light from the outside fade away as the walls sealed shut.

Now shrouded in darkness it took him a moment to adjust. Weary from just crashing into enemy territory he gripped onto his sword and remained idle. His remaining four senses waiting to pick up something, anything aware and awake in the black.

"Natalie," He whispered, seeking her ability to see living things in the darkness.

Natalie remained latched onto Andrew, her face buried on his belly and masked by her long black hair.

"There's nobody here," Natalie said whilst shaking her head, the sensashion would have tickled had he not been so tense.

Hearing her say that Andrew strops his head on the floor while releasing a breath he did not realize he was holding. Once he got his composure back he leaned up and shot the still embraced Natalie a death glare.

"The hell was that!?" he blurted at her scalp.

"You said we will go together," She said, her voice soft and muffled through the fabric of his gray cotton vest.