62) First Day of My Life

||Arden||

"WAKE UP!" Gemma's voice accompanied by the pounding on the door wakes us both up with a start. 

"Go away." Harry grumbles before burrowing his head under the pillows. 

"Today's the big day!" she calls out. 

"Why did you invite her?"

"Harry!" I exclaim, shoving his shoulder lightly. "We do have a lot to do today." 

The sound of our suite door opening causes him to quickly jerk his head up. 

"Gemma, what the fuck?"

"Get up, both of you!" she commands, taking hold of the edge of the comforter and gently tugging it. I quickly gather the fabric in my hands and hold it to my chest.  

"You don't want to do that." Harry tells her in amusement. "I mean, you can, but it will bring us a lot close than you probably want to be."

"Would you two get up?" she snaps, dropping the covers. 

"Get out, so we can put some clothes on." Harry counters. 

"You're not supposed to see each other on the day of the wedding."

"Too late for that. I've already seen a lot." he smirks. She rolls her eyes at him as she walks back towards the door. 

"I'll be back in ten minutes."

The morning is a blur of beauty routines, checklists and making final decisions. We were meant to have a small rehearsal dinner last night, but the events of previous night and early morning prevented that. It's resulted in today being more chaotic than planned. 

Almost everyone that was invited has confirmed their attendance, about two hundred people total. Some of them I don't know at all, but am told are family. It's still surreal to think about all the extended family I haven't met yet.

We arrive at the Palm House of the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens four hours before the ceremony is to begin. Snow is falling outside and has already covered the glass ceiling in a thick blanket; it gives the whole room an enchanted igloo effect. Allison walks me through the glass enclosed venue, getting my approval on the set up. One half is set up for the ceremony, while the opposite end of the building houses tables and a small dance floor for the reception.  

 I'm then ushered into my dressing room to wait for the hairdresser while Vera and Allison finalize some of the catering details. I sit down on the plush sofa, putting my feet up. I'm just enjoying the silence of having the room to myself when Isaac burst into my dressing room. 

"Hi, Isaac." I say, not bothering to hide the annoyance in my tone.

"Sorry, Allison was in the hall. I was just trying to duck out of sight."

"She's probably gone now."

"Uh, I think I'll wait a little longer." he answers, as he begins picking at the meat and cheese tray on the table.

"You're going to have to talk to her at some point, why don't you just get it over with?" I ask, annoyed that he's still lingering. "Or you could go hang out with Michael and Harry." 

The door opens again as Mariah enters the room with an armload of hair products with who I assume is the hairdresser following close behind. Mariah sets them out on the vanity as the hairdresser motions for me to come to the chair in the center of the room. She begins combing through my hair as Mariah stares at Isaac until he leaves.

"So, we've already established your brother is off limits, right?" she says to me as soon as the door closes behind him.

"Right." I reply, meeting her eyes in the mirror.