7) Gimme Shelter

||Harry||

"When's the big date?" Sophia inquires as I follow her into her and Liam's penthouse. They invited me to hang out with them until we need to pick up Keith.

"Date? What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Broadway? With the vet?" she answers as she throws her keys on the counter.

"Pffft. I'm not going to that shit." I reach for a bag of crisps that are laying out on the counter; Liam snatches them out of my reach.

"You better." Liam snaps.

"What does it matter if I go to that show or not? I already delivered the K."

"It matters." Sophia chimes in.

"How?" I demand. It's bad enough I have to keep hauling my ass all the way to New York to have my balls busted repeatedly -and not the way I want- by this bitch. Now I have to play prom night and take her to a show? No fucking way.

"Because Louis told you to." Liam interjected.

"No, he didn't. He told me to deliver the K. I did that."

"Did he give you the tickets?" Sophia questions.

"Yeah, but.." I start

"Then he told you to go." Liam interrupts. I scowl at him. "Do what you want to do, Styles; it's your ass. I've known Louis a lot longer than you and I can tell you he's not going to let wasted tickets slide."

"Just make the call." Sophia holds her cell phone out to me. I glare at her before snatching it out of her hand. I walk into the next room for privacy, slamming the door behind me.

"Keep slamming doors and I'll take it off the hinges." Liam yells.

"Is your homework done?" Sophia adds.

"Go fuck yourselves!" I shout through the door. They both burst out laughing. Assholes. I fish Arden's card out of my wallet and dial the number.

"Greenwich Animal Hospital." a familiar, whiny voice answers.

"Can I speak to Arden?"

"Can I ask who's calling?"

"Harry Styles." I reply smugly.

"I'm sorry, you can't speak to Arden." I about to rip into him when I hear a muffled voice in the background. "One moment, please." I can't make out what the voices are saying, but Fuckboy is definitely not winning. I hear him pick the phone up again. "I'll forward you to her office." he grumbles.

"You bet you will." I snap back knowing that he can't say anything to me. The phone rings several times before she answers.

"Dr. Hollis." I can hear music playing in the background.

"Arden? This is Harry."

"I wondered when I'd be hearing from you."

"Are you saying you missed me?" I tease.

"No." she answers bluntly. I recognize the melody of the song that's just started playing in the background.

"Are you listening to ABBA?" I question.

"No." The music stops.

"Were you hoping that I was going to ask you to go to Mamma Mia with me?" I accuse.

"No." she answers again. After a few seconds of silence she says "Maybe." I can't help but smirk to myself. "But since the show is tomorrow night, it's kind of an asshole thing to ask me last minute. A girl has to have time to plan."