14) Pills N Potions

||Harry||

"Would you hurry up?" I snap at Michael. He flips me off as he continues to browse the rack of crisps. I want to pay for our petrol and get out here. "How are you going to eat those on your bike anyway?"

"You are one of the crankiest people I know." he says as he joins me in the queue waiting to pay. "When's the last time you went to see Arden?" I glare at him. "Ah, she's not putting out?"

"Shut the fuck up, Michael." I growl at him. He snickers at me and then starts eating the crisps he hasn't paid for. I haven't seen or talked to Arden in four days. I've caught myself typing out a text to her several times, only to delete it before it could be sent.

I've been actively looking for other ketamine connections that would be willing to work with us, but I haven't had any luck. I now realize why Louis jumped on the chance to get it from Arden. I regret getting her caught up in this. If I could change one thing, I'd go back and just pick up those damn medications myself.

"Sir?" the cashier's voice interrupts my thoughts. I throw some cash on the counter and walk out without my receipt. I pull my vibrating phone out of my pocket as I approach my bike.

"Styles."

"You guys ready?" Ashton asks on the other line.

"I'm waiting on Michael." He's leaned over the counter chatting up the cashier like we're not on an assignment right now.

"Where is he?"

"Chatting up a petrol station cashier." I can see her shaking her head. "Ah, it looks like he just got shot down." Michael quickly exits the store and jogs across the parking lot to his bike.

"New York girls." he says with a shrug, as if our location has anything to do with his lack of game.

"Took you long enough. Did you forget that we're being considered for membership and now isn't the time to sling your dick around?" I reprimand him.

"I'm tracing his location now." Ashton interrupts. "Head to his apartment and wait for further instructions." I hang up and start my bike. Michael and I have been working together on membership trial runs all week. Tonight we're collecting money from a former associate named Victor Bemis.

I think Louis is anxious to push more recruits through so there is more help tracking down who took Perrie. She's still on bed rest in the casino in fair condition, but she is awake and there appears to be no long last effects save for a few scars. I haven't been told a lot about what's going on with her and the investigation.

We park our bikes outside the specified complex and wait for another call from Ashton. Michael pulls his bag of crisps out of his jacket and continues to eat them while texting. My phone starts ringing.

"Styles."

"He's in his apartment now. It's on the fifth floor. Number 508."

"We're on it." I hang up the phone and turn to Michael. "Fifth floor, apartment 508." he nods.

"Am I good cop or bad cop this time?" he asks me as he wipes the grease and salt from his crisps on his jeans.

"Why don't we do crazy and crazier?" He fist bumps me and then follows me into the apartment building.

We take the elevator to the fifth floor and locate his apartment. I stand in front of his door while Michael presses himself against the wall the the right of the door. I knock several times. I hear him shuffling to the door. He opens it just wide enough for his half his face to show through.

"Who is it?" Victor asks, peering through the crack.

"Hi, I was wondering if you could spare a few minutes to talk about our lord and savior." I say trying to seem as friendly as possible. Michael stifles a laugh.