Can't You Feel My Love?

Zacznij od początku

"I have strong shoulders," he said smirking at her.

"Oh I have proof of that." She blushed a little and Oliver pressed a kiss to her temple. "I'm serious though."

"I never want you to bear a fraction of what I've done Felicity, ever."

"But isn't that what being partners is about? Shouldering some of the weight when the other needs it?" He stayed silent and she sighed. She knew he wouldn't budge. "Tell me more about Maseo?"

"Maseo he was kind of a mentor for me. He taught me so much and he saved my life more times than I can count."

"Where is he now?"

"I don't know," he said sadly. "A lot happened between my time in China and returning to the island."

"I could try to find him," she said hopefully. He turned to her quickly.

"No Felicity." She opened her mouth to ask why. "Some things need to stay secret, where Maseo is now is one of those things. Promise me you won't go digging?"

"I promise," she said honestly. She had learned her lesson about looking places she shouldn't and had a very justifiably upset sister in law to prove it. He let out a relieved breath.

"What about Tatsu and Akio?" He flinched at the mention of the boy. She put her head on his shoulder and rubbed her nose against his neck. "It's okay, you don't have to tell me." He kissed her forehead.

"Someday Felicity... someday I will tell you everything." He said softly, voice unwavering with determination.

"I know," she whispered. And she did. He just needed time. Not today or tomorrow or next month, maybe not even next year but one day when years had passed and some of the pain he had endured had dulled; she knew it would never be completely gone, but then he would tell her and he would finally be at peace and know that nothing in the world would change how much she loved him.

They sat in a room for what seemed like forever, she dozed against his neck, his arm around her drawing things in a language she couldn't understand on her shoulder when the Doctor finally arrived. Her back went ramrod straight as the he shook both of their heads. Her throat was so dry she couldn't swallow.

"So..." She croaked but couldn't finish the sentence.

Doctor Saunders looked at her sympathetically. "All the test came back negative. You're fine and so is your baby."

Her breath left her in a rush and she looked heavenward. "Thank God." She could kiss the man but she was sure Oliver wouldn't like it very much even though Doctor Saunders couldn't be a day under sixty.

The doctor smiled. "I want you to take it easy. It seems you've been under too much stress, the baby can feel that and too much of it can cause complications. Do you have a stressful job?"

Felicity and Oliver glanced at each other and they both laughed a little. The Doctor didn't know the half of it. Her gaze returned to him. "Kind of."

"Well do your best to temper your excitement." She huffed a little. She knew that wouldn't be happening. Not as long as she was a wife/ temporary CEO/ IT girl and Vigilante sidekick.

"I'll do my best," she assured him. She would try to relax a little, starting with eight hours of sleep and a hot bath.

They left the hospital after that and Oliver settled her in the front seat, she was exhausted and she couldn't even buckle herself in. She fell asleep before Oliver even had time to crank up the car and didn't wake up until he was laying her on their bed and removing her glasses. She sat up, eyes half open, pulled off her dress and threw it on the floor making him laugh a little.