•~Therye Babies Are Nephilim~•

Rye's mom, Alice {Okay so she's more the age of what she would have been in the original story, not during this story's time. Imagine much older.} ^

A/N: Request by my twin TrueWhovian77 . The children of Thera and Rye are Shadowhunters because of Rye's mom; the parents don't have a clue though. (The concept of Shadowhunters is owned by the wonderful author Cassandra Clare, not me. Her series The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices are superb.) {Please remember that this is an AU and not the actual future for the babes.}

"Grandma!" All three kids yelled with joy when she walked through the door.

"Now, now," she said, setting down her large bag into the table, "I told you you could call me Alice."

The middle child Jackie scoffed. "Pft, as if. It's way too awkward for us, and you know it," she told her.

"Agreed," the oldest Levi said with a nod. Alice rolled her eyes.

"What's in the bag?" Brett questioned, always being about the profit.

Jackie slapped his arm. "That's her purse, doofus," she put a hand on her hip. "It's not always about you."

"But this time however, it happens to be," the grandmother disagreed. Reaching into her bag she pulled out three long, skinny packages. "It only took so long because they're hand made," she explained as she distributed them between her three grandchildren. Suddenly, she paused as a concentrated look came over her face.

All three took notice immediately. "You don't have to listen for footsteps," Levi informed her.

"Yeah, mom and dad aren't home," Brett added. Alice nodded. There was a huge secret she and the kids were keeping from her son and daughter-in-law. One that they needn't find out-ever.

"Well then, open them up!" Each kid ripped at the paper greedily, their faces quickly turning to awe. "I figured it was about time for Brett to start carrying his own, and therefore past time for you older two to know how."

"Steeles," Jackie breathed. Each one suited to their personalities and preferences-hers was mainly black with silver coiled around it. The designs of Levi's were tinted dark shades of blue, and Brett's were stained scarlet red.

"This way you don't have to keep using mine when you need it," Alice teased.

"Thanks grandma!" Brett exclaimed as he jumped at her for a hug.

Levi agreed, patting her shoulder. "Yeah, these are pretty cool." Never one to be the traditional chill, Jackie quickly stuck the steele into her belt loop and offered her grandma a knuckle bump.

"Yeah, I knew there was a reason why you're the fav," she said. "So, when do we get to train again?"

"Whenever we can convince your parents you're just at my house for cookies," Alice answered honestly with a wink.

•~•

The four were training during the summer when Alice's phone rang. The sudden noise distracted Levi, and she maneuvered her sword to twist his out of his hands. "Never let your guard down!" She chastised before answering.

Jackie and Brett were also in the training room, working on close combat with their knifes. She got the upper hand and sliced a thin mark down his bicep.

"Ouch! That hurt," Brett whined. Jackie smirked triumphantly before putting her knife back in its holder.

"By the angel, suck it up and slap a rune on it." When Jackie went to walk away, Brett thought he could be sneaky and race forwards-she however, had anticipated the like. As fast as light she grabbed his arm and flipped him into his back, placing her knee on his stomach when she knelt down.