16- A Redo?

Olivia ^

I recognized that voice. Who was it? Looking back I saw a familiar wide-eyed blonde.

"I'm so sorry!" she said. "I-I just wanted you to stay in the Games, and that was my first thought. I didn't realize how bad it would be."

"Amanda?"

"You leaving would mess up all the numbers, please just stay and finish. You're almost through Stage One and Stage Two and Three aren't nearly as bad for you."

I sat up from Ian's lap and tried to not think about that detail. "You really expect me to stay after threatening me to?"

"Pleeeease?" She seemed pretty desperate, and I didn't know why. I stared into her blue puppy dog eyes. No. I wasn't going to...but maybe it won't be as ba—What am I saying? Well...

"Fine," I grumbled, looking away. "I'll finish the Boyfriend Games."

"Yes!" She exclaimed, just as the bell for first period sounded. Couldn't have happen a few minutes ago? I thought angrily at it.

"But you owe me a cookie at lunch everyday for a week!" I called to her half-skipping form.

"I'm okay with that!"

I turned to look at Ian.

"So?" He asked, and I swear the awkward was tangible.

"You still have my number?"

"Yeah." I didn't know how to feel about that, so I skipped over it.

"Cool. Find out where you're taking me and text me the when and where. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get to class."

•~•

"Where's my cookie?" I demanded.

"What? Oh, right. I haven't gotten it yet." I glared at Amanda, then looked away giving an evil laugh.

"You say that like your life doesn't depend on me getting a cookie. Which in fact, it does."

"What are you talking abo—ow!" Hope's inquiries were stopped by Amanda's elbow.

"Remember that thing I told you about?" Amanda tried to whisper (keyword 'tried').

"Oh. Oh! Okay, nevermind."

"I'll go get your cookie," Amanda told me.

"I want one with sprinkles!" I said.

"You know none of them have sprinkles." I huffed.

"It doesn't hurt to ask," I said, practically pouting.

When Amanda came back, she wasn't alone. With her she had brought Oscar and another girl who were chatting but gave little bumps to each other on the way over. They were either really good friends or a couple.

"Hey Thera," Oscar said with a wave, his camera permanently around his neck by the strap.

"Hey Oscar," I greeted back. "Who's this?"

"Oh, hey, I'm Olivia," she replied. "I'm actually Ossie's date for the Games today."

"Ossie?" I questioned. I hadn't ever heard someone give him a nickname.

"Oh, that's my nickname for him. We've been friends for forever. That's why we're taking this day nice and easy, not too seriously. Isn't that right Ossie?"

"...What?" I contained a laugh at his confusion. You see the thing was, Oscar had been staring at Olivia and not actually paying attention to the words she said. An obvious not-only-just-friends move. However, Olivia seemed oblivious and just smiled as he replied. "Uh, oh yeah. Whatever Oli says, she's right more times than I am anyways."