•~Graple~•

A/N: Thanks to the fantastic RedRuby110 ! Hopefully you'll enjoy Graham and Maple's future. ☺️ (sorry if it's super short, and there's a possible fluff overload...)

"Round 'em up and hose 'em down, hun!" Maple yelled across the field to Graham. She could still see the huge smile on his face from the first day he was allowed to ride horses again after his accident. Since then, they had been on plenty of horse rides, to different parts of the woods behind his house, and all around the area they lived.

Soon though, loomed the question for all senior couples. What happens next?

Maple knew she wanted to stay together with Graham, but she wasn't sure if he felt the same. She planned on attending college, to become a large animal vet. What would Graham decide? Long distance wasn't a good idea—she had tried it before.

Lost in her daydream of the near-future, Maple missed seeing Graham trek over behind her. His arms wrapped around her stomach and he bent down to put his his head on her shoulder. "Whatcha thinking so hard about?" Maple gave a small smile.

"Us. The future, and what's to come," she replied honestly. She couldn't dare tell a lie when he looked at her that way. Graham let go of Maple to spin them around face-to-face.

"Then why do I see a frown?" Graham's voice held traces of anxiety. Maple had been there so much for him when he got in the accident, and their relationship had blossomed like her favorite flowers in spring. But the concerned look and way she spoke had him worried—was she going to break up with him?

Maple thought about how she should reply. She didn't want to come off too strong either way. Wanting him to stay may seem needy, but saying it's okay for him to leave her would be heartless. "Graham, what's gonna happen to us? What are you plannin' on doing come fall?"

"I'm planning on being with you," he said sincerely. "Whether you go off to school or not."

"You're not goin' to school?" Maple questioned.

Graham didn't hesitate to shake his head. "There's nothing at college for me. I'm staying right here, maybe find a part time job in town. But my home and my barn is where I belong."

This Maple couldn't help but smile at. "So you mean, if I go to the closest college to get my degree, we can still stay a couple?"

"Maple, you go anywhere in the world and I'd still want to be a couple with you," he paused a moment, "that is, if you still want us to be?"

There was an uncertainty in his voice, but Maple didn't care anymore. She recognized they both wanted to stay together, and that was wonderful news. She jumped up to wrap her arms around Graham's neck.

"Of course I do! You can't get rid of me that easy, you knucklehead."

•~•

"Is she...is she really ours?" Maple asked in amazement.

Graham stared at the infant girl, pride and love evident. The adoption tag was still on her tiny wrist, and he wanted nothing more than to cut through the lettering—she was their little girl now, their baby. He started nodding at Maple's previous question (ignoring mentioning the 'manly' tear he shed).

"She is. Our precious Analisa Rose," Graham whispered.

"I love you, Graham. And you too, Rose. I love you both so much." Tears of joy were falling down Maple's face as she simply basked in the beautiful moment. Ever since they had gotten married–barn, boots and all–they had wanted to adopt a child. Now they were finally here. And as Graham spoke back all of his reciprocated love for both of his girls, the two couldn't have felt more content. More blessed. More loved.

The plan for the future now? Make sure their baby girl felt the same.