Taming the Beast - Part Six

It was like nothing he had ever experienced.

Derin had danced with countless partners, and he had always shown his heart when he did so - but never had he lived the indescribable gift of sharing his heart with another... and hers was stunning. He couldn't get enough of it.

Jane was weightless, fitting perfectly in his arms, responding immediately to his movements - it was like they were two in one; it was like she had become an irreplaceable part of him, the soul of his expression, the center of his desire.

Derin breathed in the music, letting the pulse and intensity drive his body - yet he was constantly aware of her, constantly needing her.

Embrace her, urged the music. Take her, hold her, love her.

It became a rhythm inside of him, a constant pull of torture and exhilaration. So he reached.

And she pulled away.

Pain sliced through, shifting the flow of his movements, pushing further the expression of his desperation. Yet she continued her wicked teasings, reaching towards him - then evading. It was like she was almost daring him to come, to capture her, to claim her. He felt her body brush against his back, and he turned, reaching out to grasp her finger tips. His breath caught as she stayed, working and dancing in this connection - but right as he began to pull her in, she released again.

Take your time, get out of your head, trust her.

And so he did. The need was still there, greater even, but instead of nudging at his chest, it pulsed through his whole body... and he reveled in it; letting it flow out. He could feel her energy soaring, giving him the freedom of her exhilaration, and he gave back as well - the agony, the pleasure, the heart-beating sensation of being alive. He gave it all... and suddenly, he could feel the connection - the union that transcended all sight.

They danced, and just as his need for her became unbearable, she suddenly swept in front of him, raising her hands in a stilling peace of acceptance. He almost shouted for joy. With a propelling step, his arms wrapped around her waist, relishing her delicate, yet strong form as he lifted her into the air. Then, with a small push off, he caught her again, and his heart seemed to stop as those blue eyes captured his.

They sparkled with a passionate joy and, as they melded with his, began to soften with a tenderness... and something deeper that he couldn't place. Slowly, he lowered her, his muscles cording with restrained desire as a touch of vanilla pleasantly attacked his senses. His whole body urged to press her against him, to bury his hands in the tantalizing tumble of golden locks, to encapture her lips with his. Would they taste like vanilla as well? His body shuddered at the thought - but he kept still. Even though everything screamed to embrace, something else, something deeper inside of him whispered urgently to restrain.

You cannot love her like she deserves. She is an unmarked beauty, an innocent. You will tear her apart, no matter how--

Soft hands brushed along his jaw, snapping him back to the present as he felt the heat of her lips lowering millimeters away from his. Unable to breathe, he stood, desperately fighting for those small strands of awareness as her touch spread havoc through his body.

If you let her in, you'll be ruined. Just like your father, you'll be weak, vulnerable, content, loved...

His arms moved against his will, pushing her soft form against his own. Immediately, a fire ignited through his body, and a silent gasp shook his lungs as he blinked through the sudden haze. Her blue eyes seemed that of an enchantress, her rosy lips like a siren's call. Before he knew it, his head began to dip, but he stopped himself with one last, desperate thought.