Billionaire Love - Part Four

The heavy footsteps. The pungent odor of decomposing waste. The putrid sensations, the groaning vibrations. The pounding, pulsing, throbbing attacks to her head. She couldn't take it. Not for much longer.

"Stop."

The distant voice sent temporary relief to her muscles. The large hand gripping her arm suddenly pulled her back, halting their progress. Whispers littered the air, yet she could not discern the words. Everything seemed hazy, out of focus.

She growled.

How dare they tie her up like this! Walking blindfolded was hardly an easy feat, especially with uneven pavement; cars, staircases, doors - did they expect her to be a gymnast? Have a double set of eyes in the front and back of her head? It wasn't exactly the wisest choice - and this was hardly the worst of their offenses!

Or should she say his offenses.

Clemein licked her lips. "I need water," she croaked, and though her whole body seemed to quake under exhaustion, her tone still emerged proud and calm. She wanted to fistbump herself.

The whispering stopped. Clemein held her breath, wishing she could tear off the coarse cloth covering her eyes so she could glare at each one of them. Then, a set of footsteps walked towards her, stopping so close that the heat of its body intermingled with hers. She cringed, her heart jumping in her throat.

"Is our darling spitfire pleading for water?"

Clemein restrained the impulse to gasp as fear flooded through her limbs. It was his voice, slick and smooth, deep and vibrant, yet at the same time slightly grating - like he was drawing a knife against the bones of her chest. Hot breath fanned across her forehead, causing her to flinch back. But just as she did, a large hand crushed her arm, pulling her to fall against the intruder. He growled in her ear.

"I said: are you pleading for water?"

Her arm burned, her heart stopped. She trembled, but finally whispered. "No. I am demanding water."

He froze. Clemein waited for the blow across her cheek, waited for the bruise around her neck. Instead, he laughed, his arm coming roughly around her waist.

"You are one intriguing woman."

Anger flooded her. "You are one despicable man."

"How so?" he replied. She could almost feel the smile in his words.

"Well," Clemein said, trying to shake out of his grasp. He held firm. "You have kidnapped me from my house-"

"Technically you were leaving yourself, dear," he interjected. "I was giving you a ride."

"-confined me in a dark room," she continued with emphasis. "providing no food or water. You also had your cronies point a gun in my face, in addition to poisoning me with that white cloth of yours-"

"-simply chloroform. I don't understand why you're so offended."

"Don't give me that shit!" Clemein shouted. Her heart seemed to pound inside her chest as the rage, terror, frustration, and hate that had been pent up through the hours racked inside, urging for release. "You are the lowest of men - no. You're not even a man, you're a boy. A stupid, immature boy who still thinks he can play King of the Mountain without consequences! Let me tell you that when my parents find out of your deeds you will be ripped of every last thing you treasure - so much so you will wish you could be dead, long for it, rot in your own corpse of-"

Pain exploded in her head. She stumbled back, falling to the ground as the whole world seemed to teeter on its side. A metallic taste spread through her mouth and she licked her lips, shocked at its warmth - shocked at the numb, pulsing sensation of her face.