War

Third Person

Two Days Later

Obi Wan and Yoda sat in the Jedi's pod in the Senate Rotunda waiting for Chancellor Mothma to address the Senate.

"Master, why do you think the Chancellor called us here?"

"Know, I do not."

The podium in the middle rose from the ground, carrying Vice Chancellor Quan and Chancelor Mothma.

"Senators. I have called this meeting because there are reports of trouble in the Outer Rim. While this is nothing new, certain bodies have lightsaber marks."

The Senate erupts in quiet murmuring. Obi Wan looked at Yoda, who had a troubled look on his face.

"I have contacted the Jedi to explain if this is the work of a Jedi or if the Sith have really come back."

Obi Wan programmed the pod float closer to the podium so he could address the Senate.

"Senators. This is certainly not the work of the Jedi but this doesn't mean it is a Sith either. It could be the work of a person who stole the lightsaber of a Jedi or Sith. We really don't know." Obi Wan spoke.

Vice Chancellor Quan whispered something in Chancellor Mothma's ear.

"Something wrong, there is."

Obi Wan looked to Yoda then back to Chancellor Mothma.

"Somebody has hacked the holonet!"

The Senate blew up in screams and shouts of disbelief. The Vice Chancellor slammed his staff down.

"SILENCE!"

The Senate quickly quieted down.

"Bring up the video!"

A blue hologram appeared in front of the podium.

"That's Luke!" Obi Wan said in disbelief.

"Senators. I come before you today to ask you to join me! I am building an empire to overthrow the Republic and destroy every ounce of the Republic and the Jedi! It will be gone forever. Join me and you will have everything you want!"

The transmission ended. The Senate was stunned. You could hear a pin drop. Then screaming. Shouting. Almost half of the Senate yelled and screamed that they were seceding from the Republic and joining the New Empire. The Vice Chancellor's attempts to quiet them were in vain.

"This is just like the Clone Wars." Obi Wan says.

Yoda speaks sadly.

"Except higher, the stakes are, for the galaxy and the Jedi."