Assault On Coruscant Part 2

Third Person

Clones and Rebel soldiers lay everywhere. They died fighting for the Rebellion, for peace, for democracy, for the Republic.

'I will not let their sacrafice be in vain.'

"Push the enemy back! Push them back into The Works!" Shaak Ti screamed at the troopers.

The army of Rebels and clones relentlessly shot at the stormtroopers that were backing into the huge factory known as 'The Works'.

Ki-Adi Mundi ran over with his battalion and ordered them to shoot.

"What's the status report?" Shaak screams over the blaster fire while deflecting shots.

"The stormtroopers are held up in the Senate. They have hostages."

Shaak turns her attention back to The Works. She contacts a pilot.

"Drop smoke bombs into The Works. Flush the stormtroopers out!"

Gunships fly overhead, dropping smoke bombs into the huge factory. Stormtroopers run out. They drop there blasters and put there hands up. Clones run up to them and put the surrendering Imperials into cuffs.

------

Padme Amidala, Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and Lux Bonteri along with a clone escort of four clones head towards the Senate Rotunda. They had been tasked to negotiate the release of the hostages. They walked until they reached the hallway where you would enter your planets pod. A bunch of stormtroopers and a man in a grey suit stood there with Nee Alavar, Senator of the Kanz sector, Riyo Chuchi, Senator of Pantora, Bana Breemu, Senator of the Humbarine sector, Canna Omonda, Senator of Chandrila when Mon Mothma fled after she was discovered helping the Rebellion, Meena Tills, Senator of the Calarmari sector, Kin Robb, Senator of Taris, and Fang Zi, Senator of the Sern sector. All of them were secretly helping the Rebellion. Padme walked up towards the man in grey while the others stayed behind her.

"Admiral Piett, right?"

He was known to have very neutral beliefs. Maybe he could be persuaded to let the hostages go.

"Yes. You are Padme Amidala."

"Glad that you know me. Let's get down to buisness, shall we."

"Yes, we shall."

"Now the Republic will surely execute most Imperials. The ones they don't execute will probably be in prison for the rest of their natural life. If you hand over the hostages, you will not be executed and your prison sentence will be decreased dramatically, ten to fifteen years to be exact."

"I will not betray my Emperor."

 Well, that wasn't very neutral.

"He betrayed you first."

"W...what are talking about?"

"You were a Republic officer right?"

"Yes. What does that have anything to do with this?"

"Why did you join?"

"This has nothing to do with the reason you came!"

"Answer the question!"

Piett sighs.

"The galaxy was at war. I wanted to help stop it."

"Do you know what a Sith is?"

"A what? No."

"Your Emperor was one. A Sith is the ancient enemy of the Jedi. They are greedy and power hungry but above all else they thrive on chaos."

"That can't be true."

"It is."

The stormtroopers could see that Piett was going to break and give the hostages over. A stormtrooper commanded the hostages to walk into a pod. The stormtrooper then aimed at Piett.

"Traitor!"

The stormtrooper shot. It was supposed to be a deadly shot but Padme saw it first and pushed him to the left. The blast hit his shoulder. All the stormtroopers started firing. The clones and the other Rebellion leaders did the same. Padme look Piett in the eyes.

"Please help us."

Piett leaned against the wall for a few seconds before taking out his blaster. Padme started shooting too. By now all the clones were dead and the stormtroopers were advancing. A shot grazed Mon's stomach. She fell to the ground clutching her wound. They were losing. She used her comm to contact the clones outside the Senate.

"Come in!"

"What is it, Ma'am."

"We need reinforcements now!"

"Right away."

Padme shut he comm off and started firing again. 

A few minutes later, three figures ran up behind them. Jedi! Padme recognized them as Kit Fisto, Stass Allie, and Bultar Swan. Stass went over to Mon while the other Jedi engaged the stormtroopers. In seconds the stormtroopers were dead. Bultar went to Padme and Piett while Kit went to the hostages. The hostages walked out and hugged Padme, Bail, and Lux. Mon was being carried to get her injuries treated. All of them walked out of the Senate building. The clones were throwing there helmets in the air and screaming.

Padme smiles.

They had taken Coruscant.

They had won the war.