Chapter 25

I didn't think it would be this difficult. I knew that my life would always be hard since the day my father showed up, but after Adam confirmed that herobrine wouldn't be returning I thought my live was magically going to be easy.

I couldn't be more wrong.

With a sigh I leaned onto the window of my old room, my eyes locked on the forest's edge. The room smelled distinctly of dust and pumpkin pie. I inhaled, frowning as old memories resurfaced. Feelings of relief and regret followed soon after.

I regret saying goodbye.

It's been three days since Pete and the others left for the village.

I thought it would be a relief to say goodbye to those bozos but now that they're gone, I... I miss them.

I miss my slime.

What should I do? Should I visit the them? I thought for a moment, No, it's too soon...

"Alex?" Someone said from behind me.

"What?" I turned around. Adam was standing by the door with one hand on the knob, and the other behind his back. Today he was wearing a black and gray outfit clad with sunglasses and a gold necklace.

"Did I scare you?" He chuckled.

"No. You just caught me off guard." I frowned.

He started laughing. "I guess that makes sense since you were day-dreaming about your boyfriend. HAHAHA!" His laugh echoed throughout the room, my face turned scarlet in, what I like to think was, anger.

"He's not my boyfriend." I managed to keep my voice down, knowing that only bad things could happen if I shouted at him. "Never has, never will be."

"HAHAHA! Okay okay okay, I'm done laughing." He calmed down a little, "I have something I think you're gunna like so just forget about him for a moment." He grinned in anticipation.

"Easier said then done." I mumbled under my breath while he revealed what he had behind his back. I raised an eyebrow, "What's the big deal? It's just a book."

Adam was too busy chuckling at my comment to notice, "HAHAHAHA!"

"Oh my gaaawwhhd," I groaned, "There goes my eardrums. Do you seriously laugh that loud all the time?"

He eventually quieted down, "Do you laugh at all?" He joked, smiling.

"Whatever." I exhaled. Outside the sun was beginning to set, "I just want to go to bed."

He thought for a moment. "Alright. I'll see you when you wake up, then I'll tell you about this," he gestured to the book.

"Fine, just don't wake me early or else-" My glare faltered a little as I yawned, forgetting what I was about to say.

"Okay, that's great." He swiftly picked me up and walked over to the bed, ignoring my protests.

"Hey! I am perfectly capable of walking to bed myself. This is sexist!" I shouted from his shoulder.

He laughed, laying me down on the soft cushion, "Yeah well I'm you're big brother so I have to help you, especially when you don't want it."

"That doesn't make any sense."

He smiled down at me, "Makes perfect sense to me."

I decided to let it go, "Anyways, I meant what I said earlier. I get grumpy when I'm forced to wake up before I usually do."

"And when is that?"

"Twelve."

"Seriously?"

"Yup," I yawned, "Now get out, I'm tired."

"Sure thing little sis." He smiled again before leaving the room.

"I've never had a brother before." I smiled to myself once I was comfortable. My eyes closed and I fell into a peaceful sleep.

A/N I apologize for not updating in forever and I'm sorry this was short.

I'm working on a secret book that I'm really excited about.

Hope y'all have a a wonderful holiday season wherever you are.

I'll see you guys next time. Peace✌

-S