Chapter 7

A/N thanks for reading, hope you enjoy!

~Alex's POV~

Sometimes I wish my life was someone else's problem.

Don't take that the wrong way. I'm not going to end the life I was blessed with just because it's pretty fudged up.

That's what creepers do.

I just really wish I could have a normal life, you know.

I forced my thoughts to the back of my mind and decided to get up. If I rested in the shade for too long, then I'd probably be too hungry to run at all.

That would make it impossible to reach the village before nightfall. I still think everything will turn out alright if I just make it to civilization. I hope I'm not wrong...

...

There it was.

About a hundred blocks away was the village. While making my way towards it I thought about what story I should tell when I get there.

I could probably lie and act like an innocent orphan. I contemplated it. Yeah... since I'm 18 I can get my own house and start off fresh. Well here goes nothing...

Inside the village everything looked normal. Correction, mostly everything... there were a lot of mobs walking around, most of them in suits.

Whatever, I shrugged. It makes sense for the biggest village in minecraftia to have a mixed population. Heck, there are probably countless hybrids living here too.

"Who are you?" An old woman rudely asked. I didn't mind though, I must've looked pretty bad after spending so many hours in the forest.

I turned a little so I was facing her,"My name is Alex." I said politely. There was no point in lying about my name since nobody knew there was ever a princess in the first place.

Princess, ugh, just saying the word makes me want to throw up.

"What's your last name?" she insisted. Nosy much?

"I never learned it. My parents blew up when I was 3." I gave her my best 'I don't want to go into the details' face. It must've worked because her demeanour instantly changed to that of an aunt or distant relative.

"Oh, you poor thing, come on, you'll stay with me until you can live on your own." She began to lead me towards a large corner of the village, only blocks away from the forest.

"You don't have to let me stay with you." I insisted. She turned and gave me a warm smile."Its no problem Alex, don't worry about it."

She stopped.

"But, I must warn you that my neighbors are very loud people. One of them even got a pet wolf recently. Once you get used to the noise however, you'll see that they are very kind people." I sincerely hoped she was right.

If not, I wasn't going to stay in a place where I didn't want to be. I've already proven that.

Then I saw it, her house was huge. It must have been three stories tall and 100 blocks wide. I wonder how she could afford such a massive house. Maybe she built it...?

When we were about 5 blocks from the front door to the old woman's house, a large wolf from next door started barking at us, almost managing to sit up and chase us. Nobody came outside to calm it down, but I swear I saw eyes peek through the front window for a short moment.

Wow, my imagination must be playing a lot of tricks on me today, I convinced myself. Maybe I should visit one of the native villagers. They may have a very limited vocabulary, but their huge noses always cheered me up before.

We reached the front door, and she looked through her hidden pockets for a lever."Hey, I never caught your name?" I asked out of the blue. It wasn't like she was keeping it a mystery, it just never came up.

"Oh, my mistake." She apologized. "It's Jannet, Jannet Bennett Maria. But you can call me pretty much anything you want, pumpkin."

I winced, she reminded me so much of my mom that it hurt. "Would you mind if I c-called you M-Mary?" I looked down so she couldn't see my images tears. "You know, because your last name is Maria..." The truth was, I felt like I never got the chance say my mom's name enough before... you know... she passed.

She found her lever in a back pocket and placed it next to the door. I could tell she knew her last name wasn't the only reason I wanted to call her Mary, but thankfully she didn't ask about it.

"That's completely fine with me sweety," She switch the lever and opened the door, "Now, why don't you get settled in, your room is on the second floor. Second door to the left."

I nodded my head in thanks and walked inside. The inside of the house wasn't as breath-taking as the castle's. Her home had more of a modern feel to it.

I could get used to this, I thought, too bad it's only temporary.

I hiked up the grand staircase and reached the next floor in seconds. It was noticeably smaller than the first floor, but the furniture looked more sturdy.

Inside the second room to the left, my room, there was lots of furniture, a king sized bed, and two double chests. One was filled with weapons, tools, and used diamond armor, while the other had food, gold, and diamonds.

How did she get all this stuff? Why was there so much used diamond armor? There's so many things I don't know about this Jannet woman. I'll have to find out more about her later. Right now I'm too tired.

With that thought, I ate some pumpkin pie from the chest, and fell asleep, on a comfy bed for once, to find myself in a horrible nightmare.

A/N I wonder who Alex's new neighbors are... wait, no I don't. XD

Anyways, sorry about the cliffhanger but I'm really tired and need to take a nap. I'll catch you doods next time, bye!

-S