Chapter 6

~Alex's POV~

Just great...

Out of anyone who might be in this bloody castle, I had to run into him.

I looked at the ground and slowly got up. Refusing to look at him, I quickly walked away, hoping he didn't recognize me. I wasn't exactly happy with him. He probably knew that, too.

Don't think I'm the type of person who ignores people. Trust me, I would slap him... again, if I didn't need to locate my mom so bad. Unless I found her soon, I'd have to leave for the village without her.

"Hey, your awake." He interrupted my train of thought. He recognized me.Ugh, why did I have to be cursed with unforgettable, yet gorgeous, orange hair. Slowly turning on my heels, I finally faced him. I glared at his evil brown eyes and, for once in my life, did something reasonable.

"Where is my mom?!" I asked as calm as I could. I know I was being a little bit immature, but I promised myself I would never be friends with him, or any of his followers... and you better believe I intend to keep it that way.

I crossed my arms across my chest, "Well?!" I demanded, becoming more impatient every second. After he got up, he wouldn't do anything but stare out the window and avoid eye contact.

At the sound of my voice, however, he whipped his head to face me. "S-she..." He started nervously, "was so devastated when you ran off that... She... went after you and was eaten by a zombie." He stood there with an unreadable expression.

I didn't believe him though. If she had really died than he would care more.

He can't be that heartless... right?

I turned and searched the end of the hall we were in. Besides, I reassured myself, if my mom were to die than-

No.

The silver throne, it was gone.

No no no.

This can't be happening, I began to panic.

His highness however just completely brushed off my reaction like my mother's death was no big deal. "Alex, Mary will always be remembered. Until her funeral however, I don't want you leaving this castle. These seven gentlemen here will... protect you until I say otherwise."

I turned towards him, almost scared to death by what I saw...

Standing behind the King were the seven hooded figures from before. Every single one of them was staring at me, like I was their next victim or something.

"They're the ones who proposed that you and Mary move away. It was too dangerous for you two to stay here anymore." He said. The tallest one nodded his head, agreeing. I could tell he was glad that it was my life he ruined.

What I didn't get, however, was what the King was referring to. What did he mean when he said it was too dangerous, and did I really need to know? I would get the heck out of this place if I weren't curious.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, a little bit suspicious now.

"Oh!" He exclaimed, "you don't remember them do you? That's fine, either way you should still meet Matt. I'm sure you'll recognize him." Who?

"Who's Matt?" He started to answer, "He-"

"You know what? Just forget about it," I interrupted. "I'll find out what I want to know by myself."

With that I ran out the front entrance, only looking back once.

I really wish I hadn't though.

Because when I turned to look at him for what, I hoped, was the last time... I almost stopped right where I was.

His expression was even worse than I would've imagined. I couldn't help but look shocked.

I needed to get out of there now. However, before I turned away he noticed my small glance... and you know what?

His smile just grew wider.

A/N Please excuse any errors, I didn't edit this chapter very much. Anyways vote if you want a new chapter tomorrow! I'll see ya around.

Oh, and if anything's confusing so far, then just ask about it and I'll give you my best answer. Bye now! xP

~S