Chapter 21

What's 9+10?

Note: Just so that anyone doesn't get confused the bold writing is the voice speaking to Alex. I actually got the idea to change it from @AryanaSeibert. She's one of the reasons I am still updating this book as often as I can. Other than you guys and how fudgin fun it is to right this book.

Thank you for your support. I hope you enjoy!

=======================

~Alex's POV~

As soon as I was out of sight I sat down by a random tree and tried to calm myself down. I can't believe I almost cried again. Stupid! If I had broke down in front of them I definitely would have told them my secret! Th-that can't happen...

I slammed my fist against a tree trunk to distract myself from how much I wanted to cry. Luckily it did the trick.

Taking deep breaths, I turned my thoughts to how I was going to stop my dad from hurting anymore of my loved ones. Finding vines wasn't really my top priority, I could just get some from the abandoned witch hutt I saw a few minutes ago. You can find anything in those things.

Focus Alex. The king of Minecraftia wants you dead and most likely has an a accomplice capable of casting spells. You need to stop him.

I know, I know. I just don't know how yet.

You'll figure it out eventually. Just focus on the plan and don't die. You are the most important person on this mission.

How? Why? I'm not good at fighting. You should know that, you know everything.

No I don't, but I do know that saving the kingdom from dad is your destiny. Just keep going and never give up.

...

"Alex you're back." Preston was the first one to notice my return, he got up from his spot on the ground next to Rob and gave me a small wave. He looked much more cheerful than when I left.

"Some one looks happy, did something happen while I was gone?" I don't know why but I looked at Rob when I said that.

"Nothing. We did exactly what you told us too dude." Rob pointed at my bag. "Did you get everything?"

"Yes." I opened my pack and showed them the vines. They were already weaved into the shape of a ladder and covered in duck tape to make sure they could support a person's weight.

I pointed in the direction of the royal castle, "We have to get going. We only have a few hours and the castle is about an hour's walk away."

Mitch frowned in my direction as everyone started walking. I sighed in disappointment. How long is he going to pout like a baby?

"What did you just say?" Gosh darn it. I thought that out loud. Stupid.

"Nothing Mitch." I sighed and kept moving, ignoring the looks him and everyone else were giving me. I can't afford to let them distract me, Pete only has an hour left.

From the front of the group I encouraged everyone to keep up, even if it meant jogging. "Let's go... we don't have much time."

"Whatever." Mitch mumbled while Vikk and Preston started arguing over how important fishing is. From his disapproving tone I could tell he was talking to me. I guess you just can't please everyone. I sighed for the third time that hour, but kept my mouth shut, arguing with someone was not high on my agenda.

...

After about 45 minutes of walking we reached our destination, the castle. I was the first to arrive so I sat down at the edge of the woods, certain that everyone was close behind, while I just gazed at the complex building I had stayed at only a few days prior to today.

From the outside it looked exactly like it did a few days ago until I spotted something very unusual and a chill ran down my spine. Through a large stained-glass window I could make out the outline of a man, but I could not tell if it he was facing the window or if his back was turned.

As I waited for everyone to catch up I continued to stare at his silhouette, wondering why he was just standing there. Even after a good twenty minutes he didn't move a muscle. I was beginning to feel even more creeped out, if that's possible.

Suddenly I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder and completely forgot about whatever I was thinking about. "What is it Jerome? Is everyone here?" I looked behind the furry bacca to see everyone sitting around impatiently.

Jerome looked a bit embarrassed. "Actually, we've been here for about ten minutes." Ten minutes? Was I really that distracted? A frown slowly formed on my face.

"I'm sorry, I should have paid more attention to my surroundings." Stupid! What if it was dad sneaking up on me? I'd be dead by now.

Stop beating yourself up Alex. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone has those day-

Are you singing?!

-everyone knows, knows what I'm talkin' 'bout. Everybody makes mistakes.

Wow, you are surprisingly good at singing pop music.

You could say I have the voice of an angel.

Whatever. Was there a reason you interrupted my conversation?

Nope.

Grrrrr...

"We should go now. Does everyone remember the plan?" I raised my voice so that everyone could hear my question.

"Yeah, I think I got it." Lachlan sat up from his seat on the ground. He was only sitting a few feet away from me so that when he stood I had to look up in order to see his face.

I smiled."Grea-"

"I just have one question," Preston interrupted. "What are we gonna eat?"

"Yeah, we don't have anymore food." Rob agreed.

"Here, eat this." I handed them some rotten flesh I still had in my pockets. I didn't have very much though, for some reason I haven't seen a hostile mob since me and... my mom moved out of our house. "That should hold you guys over while I go find some real food."

"Don't you need to eat?" Mitch wondered.

I thought about it. "Um... I'm not hungry. I'll be fine." My stomach grumbled as I said that. Great timing.

"Here you eat this," Jerome handed me some rotten flesh and gestured for me to sit next to Mitch. "Mitch will stay here and watch you while me and the other guys go find more food." This is gonna be interesting...

I watched as Jerome and the others ran deeper into the woods, quickly disappearing behind the trees, leaving me and Mitch by ourselves. Mitch frowned at me before turning away and crossing his arms.

"Mitch?" I tried breaking the  silence, he responded with a grunt.

"Why do you hate me?"

===================================================

1000 word HYPE!! xD

I didn't check the official lyrics to Nobody's Perfect by Hannah Montana. I'm sorry if I got them wrong. But... when you think about it... would people really be offended if I did? I mean Miley herself said Hannah Montana is dead. :(

Anyways, I realize that the story is really slow paced and because of that I'm trying to update really fast. I want to have an update out tommorrow. Would you guys like that?

Make it a great day. Or not. The choice is yours...

Ciao!

-S