Chapter 19

A/N I don't like writing notes before chapters but I wanted to know if you guys want me to continue this story. I know how I want it to end but it's got a long way to go. I really want to know if you guys want to see more. Just vote or something if you do.

Back to the story...

~Mitch's POV~

"Okay, here's the plan.

"I'll turn myself in and open this window on the second floor," She pointed at her map whilst quickly glancing at all of us, checking to see if we were paying attention. "Jerome will use his claws to enter through said window and leave a vine ladder so tha-"

"Where are we going to get a vine ladder from?" Lachlan raised his hand up in the air and asked.

I mentally facepalmed. That's what you ask about? Not why they want her behind bars or how she knew Jerome has claws.

"Don't worry about that, I saw a place where we can get some vines to make one." Alex didn't bother to add anymore details as per usual. She pulled her bright orange hair behind one ear as she went over her plan, step by step, using a stick to point at different rooms and areas on her map when they were mentioned.

"Lachlan, Vikk, and Preston will enter through the window and meet Jerome and me in this secluded hallway on the second floor. If I don't show in fifteen minutes than I'm in this room or down the hidden stairs behind this wall." Why would she be in a room? Wait. Did she say wall?

"How will they get to you? It looks impossible to me." I crossed my arms and glared at her. It's not like I hate her. I just don't trust her. All morning she's been really vague and I can tell it's because she's keeping something from us. Something big.

She sighed and returned the glare, making it an all out staring contest. I didn't expect her to think of this as a challenge but I suspect she's never backed down from one. I decided to take this chance to learn more about her. Eyes are the windows to the soul right? What I saw in her eyes shocked me. Hurt, desperation, and determination. I must be seeing things.

Out of the corner of my eye I spotted the rest of the pack watching us. I don't know if they were waiting for one of us to back down or for Alex to give us more information, but I didn't like all their eyes on me. Admitting defeat I glanced away and placed my hands on the dirt so I could lean on them. I let Alex soak in her victory for about a half second before I interrupted her.

"So how are they going to get through the wall? Do you have a magical pendant that grants wishes? Oh, maybe we could brew a level two invisibility potion(they don't exist right?)" I knew I was being a jag but I didn't care.

Alex just smiled. "It's really simple. If you touch the wall it should open up." Her expression became somber as she stared down at her lap and barely spoke loud enough for everyone to hear.

"And by the way Mitch, I get why you don't trust me. It's because you think I'm keeping something important from all of you, but I'm not. Everyone is allowed to have secrets, and if you knew what I do you would respect my decisions." Jerome wrapped his arm around my shoulder in a reassuring embrace. I guess he could tell I was confused and a little bit peeved.

"Whatever." I occupied my hands with the zipper on my jacket. How did she know that anyway?

She nodded. "Now that I've said my peace I'll start where we left off. After everyone has met up Lachlan, Vikk, Preston and I will make our way down to the bottom floor, while Jerome watches the window with the rope ladder so we can escape through there." She pointed at Lil Lachy.

"Lachlan you'll have to help us sneak past some guards so that we can make it down without alarming anyone that we're in the castle. If he or one of the Seven find us before we get to Pete we're screwed." She closed her eyes like she was listening. I leaned forward, curios. After she finished her deep thinking she turned to Rob. "You and Mitch will stand at the top of a nearby hill and snipe as many guards as you can. That'll provide some protection if we end up running for our lives."

"That is so unfair. Why can't me and Rob do something cool?"

"Don't ask questions. Besides, you're just salty." She smirked.

"Whatever, let's just go save Pete and get this over with." I stood up and walked back to camp.

"Uh-uh-uh, first we have to go get a vine ladder. Right?" Vikk asked while we all put our supplies away.

"Right." Alex said.

"Uggghh. Fine whatever can we go now?" I thought we were in a hurry.

Preston smiled and ran in the direction of the castle. I guess he's not nervous anymore.

"Hurry up you cacti! Peter's waiting for us, and you know it's wrong to keep a slime waiting!" With that we all ran after him and just treasured the moment. Everyone was aware that we might die in a few hours but I was kinda excited.

It's not everyday you get to save someone from a castle.

A/N Sorry, I wasn't really sure how to end this chapter. I hope the ending was decent. :p Ciao.

-S