One day

Saturday- Christopher's birthday.

Jessica hasn't spoken with Evan since the kiss.

"Good morning birthday boy!" Jessica goes into his room.
Chris wakes up and rubs the sleep from his eyes.

"Happy birthday, baby!" Jessica give him a hug and a kiss.
"Thanks mom!" He hugs her back.

"I can't believe my little boy is 12 years old today!" She gets tears in her eyes.
"Ah mom, don't cry!"
"I just keep thinking about the day you were born.. God, you almost killed me!" She laughs as she cries.
Christopher laughs, "But you were so worth it baby boy... You're worth every single day I was pregnant with you, every second of pain I went through... I swear I'd do it all over again just for this." She grabs his face and continues, "Just for this sweet face!" She gives him a kiss.
"Thank you for having me mom, and thank you for loving me as much as you do.  I don't say it as much as I should, but I love you.. I love you so much momma." He hugs her.
"Awe I love you too, baby. She holds him tight.

"You hungry?  I have your favorite!" She smiles.
"Pizza for breakfast?!" He gets excited.
"Yes!" She smiles.
"Yes!  You're awesome mom!"
"I try!" She laughs.

***

A few hours later the party starts, all of Christopher's friends and family came over, as well as the AHS cast.
"Hi mom." Jessica smiles and hugs her mom.
"Hello sweetheart, how are you today?"
"I'm good." She gives her mom a look for her not to ask her anything or bring up Sam's name.
"Ma you remember Sarah, don't you?"
"Oh course!"
"Hello Mrs. Lange, it's great to see you again!" She hugs her.
Jessica looks behind them and sees Evan walking up to the house.
She gasps and says, "Uh, I'll be right back."

She walks outside, "Hey Evan." She smiles.
"Hey Jess, you look beautiful." He smiles shyly at her then hugs her.
"Awe thank you!  Hey.. I'm sorry I haven't called you, it's been crazy.."
"Don't worry about it, I wanted to call you but I figured it be best if I'd give you some space."
"Yeah." She says quietly and nods while looking to the ground.
"Listen I don't want this to be awkward, so let's just forget that the kiss ever happened.  We both know it's best if we're just friends, and right now I have to just be with my boy.  You understand, don't you?"
"Oh yeah, totally!  That's fine." He says with a smile but inside it's tearing him apart.
"Evan I love you!" She hugs him tight.
"I love you too Jess." He rubs her back and closes his eyes.

"When I hug Evan.. It feels good.. It feels right.. I feel comfortable with him.. But I can't, this isn't right.. I have to be with my son without any distractions.  Being in a relationship just isn't the thing I should be doing right now."  Jessica thinks to herself as they hug.

They both get teary eyed but try and hide it.

He kisses the top of her head, pats her back then says, "So where's the birthday boy?"
"Oh uh.. He's inside with his friends.  Let's go in." She smile at him then walks in front of him.

"I can't just let her go, she's my everything.  I want her and only her.  If she would just give us a chance, I know that we could make it work.  I want to treat her like she should be treated.  That little boy in there, I love him to death.. I'd do anything and everything for them!  She's been through a lot and I know it's hard for her to trust anyone right now.  I'm gonna give her some space for now, but I swear.. One day.. She'll be mine."