I always will.

December 7th 30 weeks pregnant.
They're back in New Orleans and the reality of giving birth and having another baby is setting into Jessica's mind.

Jessica was sitting on the couch and Evan was on the floor between her legs with his hands on her stomach.
She had her hands on the top of her belly right below her boobs and was slouching down.
He talks to the baby and pokes her back as she kicks, then kisses her stomach.
Jessica runs her hand thru his curls and gives him a small smile.
"Baby, are you okay? You've been quiet all day."
"I'm fine."
"Honey I know you better than you think I do and I know when somethings bothering you. Now tell me.. You know you can tell me anything, Princess."
"It's just.. I'm scared!" She says as she starts crying.
"Awe baby.. Why?" He gets up and sits beside her then puts his arm around her.
"I don't wanna give birth!"
"Well it's a little late for that baby!" He chuckles and rubs the top of her stomach.
She looks at him then down at her stomach and says, "Evan I'm older now and I'm just scared.. What if I can't take the pain? What if I have to have an episiotomy or I tear? Evan, what if I die?!" She looks at him with fear in her eyes.
Evan chuckles and Jessica gets upset, "WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING AT ME?!" She whines.
"I'm not baby-"
"Yes you are! I'm gonna die and you think it's funny.. You fucker!"
"Baby I'm not laughing at you dying. And you're not gonna die! You've done this before in the back of a truck, this time you'll be in a nice clean hospital with all the drugs in the world so that you won't feel a thing."
She just looks at him with her lips slightly puckered.
"You are the strongest woman I know and I know that you can do this."
"But what if I can't get her out? What if my pusher doesn't work?"
"Your 'pusher' is fine, babe." He laughs.
She just pouts and he says, "Your body knows how to have a baby so there's nothing you need to worry about. I'll be with you the whole time.. I'm not gonna leave you babe."
"I know but Evan I'm just worried because of my age, I just want her to be healthy."
"Honey it's normal to feel that way. Especially since it's been so long since you've been through it, but I know you're gonna do great. Just put it in gods hands and everything will work out. As for our princess.. Baby, she's okay. The doctors have said we have a healthy momma and baby. I wish I could take away your worries and anxiety but what I can do is tell you that I love you more than anything in this world, and I won't leave your side the entire time."
She looks at him with big eyes then says, "The other thing I'm scared of is having a newborn again.. And having a girl.  I don't know how to raise a girl, Evan!"
"Well baby, neither do I!  But you know what?  We'll learn together.  It'll be fun." He rubs her thigh, kisses her cheek then smiles.

A tear rolls down her face and he wipes it, "Don't cry.."
"I'm not crying because I'm sad... I'm crying because I love you so much. Thank you, Evan.  I-I just.. I still think it's crazy that you love me this much and that you actually want to be in the delivery room with me when I give birth."
"Why wouldn't I?"
"Well Sam never treated me that way.. He never made me feel special when I was pregnant.. Or anytime for that matter but when I was pregnant he would sometimes tell me how disgusting I looked.. Hell sometimes he said I looked gorgeous.. It just depended on what mood he was in."
"I hate to think of you in that toxic relationship.. I love you Jessica.  You are special and I hope you know that.  Chris is special.. This baby is special." He grabs her stomach and continues, "... And I'll spend the rest of our lives showing y'all just how special you all are to me." He looks deep into her eyes.

He leans closer and just before his lips touch hers, he says, "I love you, Jessica and I always will."