Something New

Monday Morning

Gabe's POV

I woke up and checked my clock. 5:45amam. Perfect. I went to shower and got dressed. As I was tying my shoes, I got a text.

Batgirl: Hey Gabe! Aleana here! One question...what time does school start?

yes i put her name as batgirl. no judging.

I checked the clock as it read 6:01am.

Me: Morning Aleana. Well...we need to be at school by 6:50 or 7sharp because school starts at 7:15 and doors open at 6:45

Batgirl: Thank you so much. I'll knock at your door once I'm ready.

I put my phone away. I went downstairs to find my mom. "Morning."

"Good morning Gabriel."

"Hey Aleana is coming so we can skateboard to school."

"Ok...uh Gabriel. You guys are close, si?"

"Yes mom. I mean we just met and all but we'll be good friends."

I finished my cereal and washed my dishes as I was walking out of the kitchen but I heard my mom. 

"Ok..or more." she muttered.

I ignored her and sat on my couch.

Will we be more?

I hope so...

I really like her.

Like a lot.

*ding dong* *beep* 

I heard the doorbell ring and then the buzzer went off. I went to the speaker. "Morales house."

"Gabe it's me, Aleana." I heard on the other end. 

"Oh come in!" I put in the code and the door opened. 

"Hey Batman!" she said giving me a hug.

I was shocked at first, but then hugged back. *Chuckles* "Hey batgirl."

We were hugging for a long time. Then I heard someone clear their throat.

We let go and I saw Aleana blush. "Good morning Mrs. Morales. I'm Aleana Grande."

Mom hugged Aleana. "Hello. Would you like breakfast?"

"No I just ate. Thank you though."

We talked for a little bit and then I saw the clock. It read 6:40am. "Hey Aleana we need to go. It's a 20 minute ride on foot...er...skateboard."

She laughed a little. "Yea okay. I don't want to be late on my first day."

We rode our skateboards to school. She's pretty good. I even showed her a new trick. When we reached it was exactly 7. Doors were already open.

I expected her to be a little nervous. "Let's go Gabe!"

Wow. 

I don't understand girls.

Or women.

Especially my mom.

We went our separate ways. She had to go to the office to get her class schedule, locker and combination, gym clothes, etc. I went to my locker in the 7th grade hallway. Just then I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

I turned around. "Hey Will!"

Will and I did our hand shake. "Hey Gabe! What's up?"

"Oh not much I'm tired and all..."