Chapter 21

Bella's Pov-
"Mikey! You can't just keep accusing me of cheating every time I win!" I shout, obviously annoyed.

"Well you are! You're a screen-cheater!" He yelled, laughing at pointing at the screen.

"If I'm cheating then why didn't you stop the game about 3 matches ago?"

"Because you're good competition... Even if you do cheat." He giggled as he shut off the Xbox.

"Michael, can I use your phone or charger? Mine is dead and I need to call my mom."

"Yeah, sure, take it." He handed me his phone as I dialed the number to call my mom.

"Hey mom. I know you're still at work but I'm at a friends house because I got locked out and it was raining. I'll be home at around 7, I hope you'll be home by then to let me inside. Alright bye." I pressed the end button and cut off the message. I handed Mikey's phone back to him and awkwardly sat on the couch. The sleeves of his sweater coming over my hands and keeping them warm.

"So... Um.. You know what, how's life?" I looked at Michael as he stared back at me.

"Well, I don't know how to explain life. But as of now, pretty damn good." He said, letting out a small sigh then smiling afterwards.

"What makes it so good?"

"Well for one, we just had an amazing time playing Call of Duty. That was fun." He responded.

"And what else?"

"Well. We can have a movie marathon if you'd like. But we would need to go to the store to get snacks." Michael got up and turned off the tv as he sat next to me again.

"That sounds nice... Let's do that. Let me go put on my shoes." I got off of the couch and put on my slightly damp TOMs.

Michael opened the door as we both went outside. I had totally forgotten that he had a car until I saw him pull out his keys from his pocket. I sat in the seat as he started the car and went down the streets. On the way I saw kids from our school laughing and just having a good time in the rain like they had never seen it before. Michael was fumbling around in his pockets for a while until he found his keys again.

I remember that this was the store I went to with Marcel to get goodies on our first date. He planned a movie and dinner night inside of his house. It sounds simple but it was really romantic. I really liked Marcel and he really likes me. I remembered the isles we went down and what treats we picked out. He had even gotten us Chinese food since he knew it was my favorite. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Michael shook my shoulder lightly.

"Come on, I'm hungry!" He yelled as he playfully wrapped himself around my shoulders.

"Michael, your always hungry." I said, getting out of the car and closing the door. I ran towards the shopping carts and quickly ran into the building, safe from the rain.

I shook off some of the rain from my clothes and started walking through the store. Michael was pulling the cart from the front so we went into whatever isle he wanted. First stop- ramen section. Michael and I piled the ramen noodle packages into the cart and got almost every kind just to try them. They're so cheap so they obviously weren't going to cost us much. Next- ice cream.  We got chocolate and vanilla. Michael said that he has mint chocolate chip at home too. I grabbed a canister of whipped cream and some sprinkles just to top it off.

About 20 minutes later we came out of the store with a boatload of food and drinks. It was about 5:30 so we had plenty of time to watch a movie. Everything was loaded into the car and we were on our way back to Michael's place. I still had on his leather jacket since I had no jacket. It was oversized and overused, both things that I don't really mind. The cologne on it had the scent of 5 o'clock shadow yet it was sweet. It smelled like a fancy Old Spice. Maybe that's what it was, Old Spice! But the scent of the leather altered the scent too. I don't know what to call it... But it was amazing. The sleeves covered over my hands and the body of it went almost to my knees, mid-thigh maybe.