Chapter 19

Bella's Pov-
He stared at me in disbelief, almost like he hadn't expected me to say yes. I let out a slight giggle as we stared at each other for a moment. His face was just beautiful, like a work of art. I mean he just- snap out of it, Bella! You have a boyfriend. I let out a sigh as I sat on the empty swing just staring off into the distance, enjoying the scenery. Children were laughing and giggling, couples were walking around and holding hands, old ladies were ironically feeding the birds. Everything just seemed to be in the right order. In my peripheral view I saw Michael sit in the grass next to the swing set. I couldn't tell what he was doing but he looked to be doing the same thing I was, just enjoying the people and things around us. I took out my phone and took a picture of the park and all of the surroundings. I faced my camera towards Michael while he wasn't looking and snapped the camera. I didn't realize that my ringer was on until I heard the snap and so did Michael.

"Did you take a picture of me?" He said, now turning to face me.

"No I didn't. I was taking pictures of the park, didn't you see me?" I responded innocently.

"Sounds like a lie." He said getting up.

"Now why would I lie? I don't lie."

"There's another lie." He was now behind my swing, leaning over so his face was almost right next to mine.

"I told you that I'm not lying, Michael. You're more stubborn than a Mule."  I argued.

"Lying isn't very nice, Princess. I can tell that you're lying." His hot breath hitting the back of my neck as he spoke every word.

"Jesus Christ I'm not lying, dammit!"

"Then show me your phone..." He said.

"Alright you caught me... I was trying to savor the moment!" I babbled.

"I knew it." I felt his hands grab my waist as he started pushing me on the swing.

"Michael why are you pushing me? Aren't I supposed to do that myself? May I remind you that I'm 17, not 7." I exclaimed while letting out a few giggles.

"So you want me to stop pushing you and then you'll have to do it yourself...?" He questioned.

"Erm... No...I guess." He continued pushing me as we both giggled and made random conversation.

I was going really high now, I had a great view of the park whenever I reached the top. I saw low birds nests and people got smaller as I went higher. I got that feeling in my stomach were its like gravity is pulling you down but your organs aren't ready.. It feels like butterflies but I think there's and actual scientific name for it.. Isn't there? I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket as I slowed down on the swing. I looked at it and I had about 10 texts from my mother asking where I was, gosh she worries too much sometimes. I dragged my feet and brought the swing to a complete stop.

"Why'd you stop the swing?" Michael asked.

"I have to go... My mom texted me about ten times and I know I'm going to get lectured when I get home.. They're too overprotective sometimes. Sorry, Michael." I mumbles the last part as I looked at my feet. I don't know why I was suddenly feeling intimidated by Michael now...???

"Hey it's fine, don't worry about it." He added as he pulled me into a hug. Is this the same Michael that is in my school? As he hugged me I got a whiff of his beautiful cologne that had permanently stained itself into his leather jacket. It smelled so amazing, I didn't want to let go but I knew I had to. I waved a final goodbye as we departed back to our own ways.

I stared at the sidewalk most of the time trying to figure out possibilities on what to tell my parents. God forbid I try to have a little fun for an hour without them constantly texting me. I saw little bugs and such wandering around all over in the grass and all over the ground. Tis' the season I guess. I mean, sometimes I wish bugs didn't exist but then I realize how good they are for the earth. Except Mosquitos... What is their purpose..? This had me thinking for a while until I came to the conclusion that Mosquitos are on this earth to feed animals and spread deadly diseases to humans and other animals... Yay. I ran my hand along the fences of  other people's houses until I had hit a sharp spot on one. I looked at my hand and saw nothing, I probably was just imagining things. Pall that I saw was a scratch that looked like a paper cut, I was still going to clean it when I got home but it didn't look bad and it didn't hurt. But after a while the pain got a bit worse after not checking on my hand for a while. I looked down and saw my hand dripping and oozing blood out of what I thought was a small cut. But now it had started bleeding and I had been little droplets of blood on the sidewalk for a couple of minutes. I quickly started jogging back to my house and I was bombarded with questions as soon as I walked in the door. I ignored them as I threw down my backpack and ran up my stairs. My parents had followed me into my room and they saw me washing blood off of my hands. How the actual fuck did it get that bad in such little time??? What the fuck. It stung as the water hit the open wound, it hurt worse when the soap had gone over it. But now for the fun part... The rubbing alcohol. I dumped some on a washcloth as I dabbed it on my cut, it burnt like hell. I cursed under my breath as my parents spit more questions at me, only concerned about where I was instead of the gash in my hand, lovely.