Chapter 13

Bells Pov-

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I say as I throw my backpack to the ground.

"Bella, I'm home. I can be back with you guys, it was a big misunderstanding, I swear." My dad said as he stepped closer.

"Don't fucking come near me, you owe me, wait, you owe us an explanation. And you owe us an apology. I don't want hugs and kisses from my dad, I want the reason to why you left us here and stole Quinn away from us!" I said as I backed away.

"Watch your mouth, Quinn is right here and we don't need you being a foul mouth right in front of her!" He said.

"Well then hold on a minute." I went towards Quinn.

"Hey, Quinnie, wanna go have a play date with Ashton?" I say

"Yeah! I wanna go see Ashton!" She said excitedly jumping into my arms. I scooped her up and headed out the door and over to Ashton's place. I knocked on the door until he finally answered.

"Ash, thank god. I'll explain everything later but I was wondering if you could watch Quinn for like an hour? I'll be back over to get her and everything, I'll even pay you."

"No need for pay, but is everything okay over there? I thought I heard yelling." He said while grabbing Quinn's hand delicately and taking her into his house.

"No, it's not okay, but it's not something that could be solved with you coming in. I'll be fine and I'll text you when it's all over. Just keep Quinn occupied so she doesn't get any hints." I said almost at a whisper.

Ashton pulled me into a hug and rested his head on the top of my head.

"Just be safe... Okay?" He quietly said.

"I promise." I hugged into his chest a bit tighter then left for the awaiting fight.

I walked into my house and slammed the door shut to see my father staring at me with wide eyes.

"Surprise motherfucker." I said as I walked closer to them.
"Spill it... Right now." I spoke with no signs of weakness in my voice.

"I don't have to tell you anything, I'm telling you that there was a misunderstanding. You don't need to know everything that happens around here." He said, my mother was watching from the sidelines, unsure of when she should cut in.

"Actually I should know. Because, one, this isn't only your family, this is our family. And two, it's pretty messed up if your kids don't know why you unpacked all of your drawers and left $2,000 for them waiting to be used without you. What has gotten into you? You're drinking and now you won't even tell me why you left us? Maybe it would've been better if you just left!" I shout.

"Isabella Marie Marshall. You will not say that in this house, do you hear me?" My mother says.

"Oh, so now you're on his side? He fucking left us and then the next week you forgive him? Nice." I said.
"And you! Why'd you take Quinn if you were coming back? How is that even relatively close to a misunderstanding!? It's not! Don't argue with me on this, I was there for you before anyone came around, including mom! I saw every time you were crying, don't you dare try to act like you're this big tough guy for one fucking minute!" I shout.

"Wow, while I was gone you turned into a real grade A bitch, I see." He spat.

"Well then I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I'm out of here, don't even try to stop me. I'm almost 18 years old and I don't have to deal with you for much longer." I say as I grab my keys and walk towards the door.

"Bella, wait!" I heard my mom say. I had already slammed the door and I was now walking towards Ashton's house to get Quinn. I was fuming with anger.

"Ash, you there?" I say.

"Yeah, I'm here, hold on let me open the door." He said. Soon enough the doors opened and I saw Calum, Luke, and Ashton all dressed up in fairy princess costumes along with tiaras.

"Nice dress." I say as I walk through the door.
"Ash, I hate to cut the play date short but Quinn and I need to go." I anxiously said as I went to pick up Quinn.

"Bella, what happened with mummy and daddy? I heard lots of yelling and I wanted to know what was wrong." She said with sad eyes. I exchanged worried glances to everyone in the room before answering.

"Mummy and daddy are fine, Hun. They were just disagreeing on something, that's all."

"But I heard you yelling too. Mummy and daddy didn't sound happy."

"Well, bug, they're not. But it's not with you, it's with me. But we need to go somewhere for now okay. We are gonna go and get your favorite food? Do you want the boys to come along since it seems like you guys were having so much fun?" I whisper to her.

"Oh yes please!" She shouted as she jumped down from my arms to grab Luke first. She took his one finger into her hand as she guided him to the bathroom to wash all of the sparkling makeup off of his face. She had even managed to get it into his hair. We all laughed at them because it was really funny seeing a 5 year old small child walking an over 6 foot man child.

She came back again to grab Ashton next, leaving Calum, Luke, and I all alone. But it wasn't awkward at all.

"Luke, what was it like having Quinn do your makeup?" I said laughing.

"My eyes hurt, I think there's purple glitter in my ears too." He said laughing.

"And Calum, what was it like for you?"

"Unlike the rest of the boys, I actually enjoyed it. I felt like a goddess...Even though I got poked a lot. But hey, what can I say? Beauty is pain, am I right?"

"Well, I guess so. But where did you guys get the makeup from? And the princess consumes?"

"Ashton had the costumes in his garage for some reason and his mom had the makeup. She's always away on business but she's around here sometimes." Luke said.

"Are we all ready to go?" I said as everyone was finally done and had no makeup left on their faces.

"Yep, let's go!" Quinn said as she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door.

___________________________________

Sorry that I cut this chapter short, I just hit 1K on my Instagram but I wanted to update you guys quickly! Ily I'll be back tomorrow!💕