Unmasked

Matt woke but as always the world was still dark. Pounding filled his head messing with his radar sense. He tried to lift his hand to feel his head but a force around his wrist stopped the motion.
"What happened? Did I get hit by a train?" Matt said outloud confused.
"Worse I'm afraid my friend. You were hit by an Avenger," Captain America's voice was unmistakable. Memories flooded Matt's head in response. He tried to stand and run, only to find his legs were tied too. This is bad, bad, bad thought Matt. They know who I am. This is Captain America the original superhero not some low life criminal I can scare into being quiet.  As Matt's radar sense came back online he realized the situation was far worse than he had first expected. Not one Avenger but the full team stood around him, tied to a chair and unmasked. He told himself that this had to be the outcome when going up against the Avengers and to be happy that he had made it even this long but his heart wanted to sink into the floor never to be seen again.
"I just can't believe Daredevil is..." started Black Widow. To be cut off by Bruce,
"But when you think about it is the perfect disguise."
"I guess but really he is a lawyer what kind of superhero can tell people to obey laws and then go beat people up after hours. I'm mean how does he have time to sleep?"
"I'm a genius, inventor, who runs a billion dollar company and I still have time to run this little team. You are all making a bigger deal of this than it is," said Stark.
"Your forgetting, Captain America leads us," scoffed Thor, which got an angry glare from Tony. That was a sore point for Ironman.
"Are you guys not even going to mention the fact that he is blind? If he really even is, which I can't believe," said a grumpy Hawkeye.
"You are just mad because you got beat by a blind kid," said Stark taking a little too much glee in the sentence. "Jarvis run medical scan,"
"Yes, Mr. Stark," there was a pause filled with some humming, "Mathew Murdock has a contusion in his right shoulder due to a sharp object along with several small fractures and abrasions. He also sustained severe eye damage causing complete loss of vision in early childhood." Being talked about like some kind of naughty kid in front of Earth's mightiest heroes was making his skin match his suit.
"That is impossible. You didn't see his moves," said Clint in disbelief. "How many fingers am I holding up."
"I didn't know Avengers used such rude gestures," Matt shot back.
"See what I mean. He's not blind," said Hawkeye exasperated.
"One of us is smart enough to build an AI that is smarter than the rest of his team and one of us still is in the dark ages, I wonder whose medical opinion I would listen to," said Tony innocently
"Enough, this is going nowhere," spoke up Captain America and when Captain America speaks people listen. "There are bigger questions, such as, why did you attack us? Were you under mind control like Hawkeye and myself?" Matt sighed leaning back into the chair. Breaking into Avenger tower had been a mistake. Matt decided that when in an argument with Captain America honesty was his best bet.
"When Stark approached my firm I thought he had figured out my secret so I thought the best way to find out what was going on was to break in and find answers. I wasn't planning on attacking any of you."
"You were partly correctly. We did come to you because you work out of Hell's kitchen and we were looking for Daredevil, however, we had no idea we had accidentally landed on him."

Matt raised his eyebrow in surprise, "I don't think you were looking to send me an invitation to your A league team so why were you hunting for me?"
"A villain called Dragon, the same one who brainwashed Cap, is threatening the Avengers unless we turn you over to her," answered Stark. Matt frowned. This was making no sense. He couldn't remember anyone named Dragon. The Avengers caving to the wishes of a terrorist was unheard of.
"Is that why I'm still here?"
"No, it is a great deal worse than that," replied Banner.
"How do you feel about joining the Avengers, soldier?"  asked Captain America a smile hidden in the words. Matt nearly choked on his own spit.
"He means, what your take on being beat-up, causing thousands in property damage,  being kidnapped, killed, brought back, and brain washed on a bi-weekly base for minimum wage?" muttered Hawkeye but the anger in his voice had faded.
"Why me? I know for a fact their are more powerful heroes out there."
"Power doesn't make one a hero. A hero conquers their own fear to help others," answered Cap. Stark tacked on, "Plus I have a policy of not recruiting babies under twenty, that why you're here and Spidy is still banging on the window of the old Stark tower as of twenty minutes ago."
"So what do you say? Daredevil an Avenger?" Despite being tied to a chair and beaten by these people he still felt honored by being asked to join the biggest team of heroes his world had ever seen he guessed foe turning friend was not unusual in a day as an Avenger.
"It would be an honor."
"Daredevil, welcome to the Avengers."