Not A Promise

- old fic lying here (like Dark-Days old). - NoLabel!JaDine

Nadine's POV

I knocked three times before opening the door. I've been here a thousand times before, he actually said when a week passed and I didn't come, his family--his dad in particular, would start asking what about me.

"Hey." I called out, seeing him on the floor by his television. He looked up and smiled when he saw me.

"Hey." James said back, grinning.

James Reid. I don't really know what I am to him, or what he is to me. He is not just a friend, I guess, whatever we say to our fans. I think I can already consider our relationship as more than that. I like him, and he likes me. We know this, and we express our feelings to each other openly. Though, we never really clarified anything to each other. We never really told each other explicitly. For us, it's 'actions speaks louder than words.' And I can hear him loud and clear, and I'm sure that it's the same for him.

I guess I can call this meeting a date. It's just hanging out in his room, watching movies and just talking. It's what we usually do whenever we do get a day off. You can say that's not much like a date, but if you know James Reid, then you'll understand how I can say this.

James is not really fond of 'cliche.' If most people prefers going to the right, then he'll definitely go to the left. And he'd become rather lazy these days-- well, I don't really think he is, but he's always exhausted, more than I am most of the time, so it's really better to just hang out at home. Lastly, as our fans would know, James isn't a very materialistic guy, his priority would be spending time with you, never minding where should that be.

"So, what are we watching today?" He asked as I plopped next to him by the floor. We usually just watch, sometimes even in complete silence. We can both be very into a movie, that's one of our similarities. But it never gets awkward around us. We're just comfortable around each other that way.

"Have you watched Proposal Daisakusen, yet?" I asked, taking my DVD copy out from my bag. "Japanese drama."

"Never heard of it." He said.

"Let's watch this then." I said, smiling fondly at it. It's one of my favorite dramas of all time. "YamaPi is so cool there." I added. He doesn't really know much of my Japanese idols, but he listens to my fangirling anyway.

He raised his eyebrows at that. I shrugged. "I'm a girl. I do tend to be attracted to actors." I said, looking emphatically at him. This is how we talk, nothing direct, only implied.

He laughed. He knows most of my crushes, (though I think this is the first time I mentioned YamaPi). We don't really keep any secrets from each other.

He put the disc on his DVD player and pressed play. He then went back and sat besides me, both of our backs leaning on his bed. I was a bit surprised he gave zero resistance about watching a romantic TV series.

"No action flick for today?" I asked with a mild teasing tone as the drama started.

He smiled, humored. "I guess. I'm curious about this YamaPi person." He said.

I laughed and then took the remote. I started explaining to him the gist of the story. I know we wouldn't be able to watch the whole drama so I was planning on just watching my favorite parts. James doesn't mind it when I do that. We've watched most of my favorite Japanese dramas this way.

"Can we skip to episode 4? I love that episode." I asked, and I knew I was grinning excitedly.

He let out another chuckle and said, "Sure."