Chapter 12: When I got his number

I hate the feeling when you have to say goodbye to someone you want to spend every minute with. 

********* 

Chapter is dedicated to @Modey4400 and @pinkangela17 . Thanks so much for your votes and comments. Great to hear you're enjoying the story! 

********** 

Chapter 12: When I got his number

I was in a foul mood by the time I got to my home. My mind kept wondering that what is it that I did has made nearly everyone to hate me.

Life isn't fair sometimes, but I wonder when it has been fair to me.

After an hour of mourning in my room, doing practically nothing but staring on the ceiling I gave up when I felt some grumblings in my stomach. I haven't had a proper meal since the morning. The last thing that I ate was the fries in the cafeteria.

Rather than staying curled in my duvet, I decided to head downstairs and grab something to stuff my aching tummy.

With my hands shoved in my sweatpants I climbed the staircase to head downstairs. Matt was already on the couch of the living room watching some reruns of soccer match. He wasn't here two hours ago when I came home and I did not made attempt to find where he was due my 'great' mood.

"Hey!" he spoke as soon as he noticed my approaching footsteps before muting the sound of television.

I gave him a curt nod and headed towards the kitchen. I opened the fridge to see any eatable leftovers. To my distress there wasn't any.

Not being on the best terms with Lara leaves us with nothing to eat. I sighed and began thinking of something I could cook.

"She isn't home since yesterday" I heard Matt say and turn around to see he was sitting on the chair near the kitchen island.

"Where has she gone?"

"To Clara's"

A jolt of anger rushed in my brain, I could feel my blood rising. Matt on the same time revealed clenching his jaws. His knuckled turned white as he gripped the island.

"Did she call Lara again?" I sighed while taking a seat near him.

He blew a long breath and closed his eyes to pinch the bridge of his nose. With a shake of his head he informed me Clara didn't call her.

"You mean to say..

"She went there by herself." He opened his eyes and spoke in a stern voice.

Not knowing what to do next, we twins sat there in a silence. I kept fiddling with the hem of my shirt; Matt on the other hand kept turning his knuckles white and red.

After some ten minutes when the silence was killing I decided to break the deafening silence.

"You want some coffee?"

At least I am capable to make some coffee.

He took a moment to reply but answered yes anyway. I boiled some black liquid in the coffee maker. Matt doesn't like black coffee so in one of the two cups that settled on the island, I added two tablespoon of milk and poured the coffee over it. I on the other hand like black coffee so I did not add anything in my white cup.

"Thanks" he said as I gave him his cup.

As soon as the hot coffee drowned into his brain he relaxed and spoke "I'll kill that bitch if I find her."

"I'll tag along" I spoke while sipping my black.

"What does she wants? Isn't she happy with what she did to our family?"