Chapter 7: When he cooked for me

Chapter 7

When someone makes you feel the happiest person and the saddest person at the same time ; that's when it's real, then when it's worth something.
*******************

He stared at me while chewing his lower lip for a minute and spoke "I have a sister, she is three years younger than me."

He shifted closer to me so that now our thighs touched each other's not to mention which was giving me an unwanted shrills. He fixed his eyes on floor while I fixed mine on him as he began speaking again.

"I lived with my family in a remote village, near Brighton. My parents used to do farming there." He inhaled deeply and continued speaking "I helped my parents at their farm and they called me the' tough boy'."

He chuckled while saying so and continued "my sister was four then, and she was the princess of our family. Mom brought her those tiaras, and Cinderella gowns. She loved all those stuffs."

A smile formed on my face also I see him. He looked as alive as he talked all those stuffs, like how much he wants to relive those moments. This smile on his face appeared to be the real one; I've never seen him smiling this way.

"One day, I was helping my dad on the farm while mom was playing with Rosalie, with her dolls. And suddenly I felt like, they don't love me as much as they loved Rosalie. I felt so offended for me, but since I was the tough boy, I never spoke about it to either of my parents. They noticed my long face and asked me if I was okay? But I never told them how I felt, what I felt."

He glanced over me and looked pained; he looked like he has just been spooked. He swallowed but continued anyway "the next day, it was my parents' wedding anniversary. They were so happy that day, they were all cuddling and over each other then. In the evening they called we sibling a babysitter while they went on a date."

His breathing hitched as he lowered his gaze once more on floor "and they never made it back to home. They were killed in a car accident. Mom died right there while Dad died after three terrible days in hospital."

He held his head in his hand and did not speak a word for a while. Not a single word. His breathing was audible enough to decipher how much painful it had been for him.

All I felt for him was mercy.

A little boy, who had a little sister, lost his parents when he was so young. How terrible would it have been for him.

I did not know how to comfort him, but I really wanted him to feel better as he seemed so lost in his thoughts. So I held his shoulder and squeezed it softly.

He flinched as I touched him but did not speak anything. I wanted to say something to cherish him, and I'm sorry was the last thing I wanted to say, those words wouldn't suffice his pain.

"You'll forever be the 'tough boy'. I mumbled

It took a moment for him to relax and sit straight. He turned his head towards me and spoke "you know why I told you this?"

He continued as I shake my head "Ally, I know my parents loved me so much, he loved both of us siblings and that's why I miss them so much. What it hurts now is that if I had told them that day about why I felt offended, that I thought they loved Rosalie more than me... I could get one kiss, one hug from them, which I'd never get again."

His voice was barely audible and his eyes glittered in the dim light of my room. His words pierced my heart; I felt something hot building up in my eyes.

How can he be so happy and cheerful all the time, when inside his heart, he had this huge piece of rock over his chest. Now looking over his pale face which was expressionless gave me a pang of pain which I suppose he too must be feeling right now but since he is the tough boy, he did not show it.