Chapter 4.5: Jayson's POV

If you want to know where your heart is, just look where your mind goes when it wanders.

______________________

"Good night Jay, I love you."

"Love you too Rose. Sleep tight." I yelled back to my little sister while running the staircases to get into my room. The day has been getting exhaustive.

By the end of the day, my favorite place is only my bed where I like to have my sound sleep. Where I like to have my own time, the only time when I can have a few moment for my body.

But over the week, my mind and my eyes are busy playing hide and seek.

As much as I hate not sleeping instantly, I love it more to think about her.

Ally.

She is different. She is absolutely different from all the girls I've dated or met or even eyed upon.

While I work at this food truck, I'm supposed to have pasted this five inches smile on my face, a casual wink, and some sugar coated word to keep the interest of the girls.

Even I get bored of all the constant attention I get from those girls, and the same tactics these girls use to get some more attention from me is really stupid.

But I'm supposed to deal with all this; I'm paid for it after all. As much as anyone else would love it, I really hate it when all the girls try to hover over me. It sometimes annoys me.

I used to enjoy female population buzzing around me once. I loved being the centre of attraction for all the female population.

But it just doesn't give any sort of pleasure to me now; getting laid is not my goal... which once used to be my only goal. Things are different now.

What I didn't expect that day was I'd get to see someone like her.

Someone like her, who didn't even look at me, she was busy processing her thoughts about what to order.

My face automatically forms a smile when I recall her face, she looked so angelic then. That brown eyes scanned around the area haphazardly while her blonde hair fell out of her bun and added some more grace to her face.

I loved it when she didn't bother to put her bangs back behind her ear, she looked better that way. I wonder how would she look when she wear her hair down.

I waited for her to flirt with me in the usual way all the other girls did, but she didn't even look at me.

That drew my interest towards her. As much as I hated it, but I really wanted her to flirt with me. I think she'd be the first girl I wouldn't mind flirting back. I'm forced out of my job to flirt back these desperate girls at 'call us chef' but I'd love to flirt back her...happily.

Because she was different

As much as I wanted to snicker over the funny face she made while I asked about her order, all I did was check her out. I guess I could never have a better work than doing that. I was totally satisfied with what I was doing at that moment.

That innocent smile she flashed while I gave her that sandwich is the best thing I've seen. Her lips encaged the best set of perfect white teeth; I think her teeth are even better than me and I myself have a straight set of them.

And then she flew away with her sandwich, I continued working having my usual smile on my lips and a new thought 'what might be her name'.

It gave me an unknown pain when I saw her crying there, and it nearly killed me when she thought I'd make fun of her wearing glasses.

She was like music to me; I wanted to know more about her. I wanted to understand the different expressions she putted over that little face of her.

Somewhere in my heart, I felt my blood pumping a little faster when I led her hands travel over my face. Her palm was so soft and I was glad she could not see properly without her glasses or how would I see her face forming a cute blush. She looked really cute.

It has been more than a week since I last saw her, and I really hate to admit it but I wish I meet her once more. I really want to actually.

I've waited over week thinking that she would come again and lose her glasses and maybe this time she might let me help her freely without thinking me of a criminal.

For once in my life, I want to spend some time with a soothing beautiful face who is not interested in my face. With the girl who called me a pig when I referred to her as beautiful.

Ally.