ix. don't need no вυттєяƒℓιєѕ when you give me the whole damn zoo

Start from the beginning

        Zack rolled his eyes, scoffing. "Still, was that necessary??" He cradled his red cheek and pouted like a little baby, his bright green eyes twinkling.

       I scoffed right back. "Um, yes! You just stole my first kiss you frickin toolbag!" I said angrily, now stomping my foot like a little 5-year-old. "You're a... a frog! That's what you are! You're a frog and you stole my first kiss! That's like, against the law!" I yelled, emphasising on the word frog. All ethereal feelings I had felt during our kiss was now completely diminished from my mind, because now reality had sunk in that I just lost my first kiss.

       To Zack.

       Zack's mouth fell open, obviously offended with my comment. "I am not a frog," he said slowly, with a tone of sass in his words, "just because I used to hop around in the mud on all fours when I was 11, does not mean that I am a frog."

        My nose wrinkled subconsciously at the memory of 11-year-old Zack in my muddy backyard in the morning after a rainy night. He would literally get down on his hands and feet, and start hopping around like a weird little frog. I shivered, thinking about how muddy and disgusting he looked hopping around like that - ugh, especially when he would start chasing me around and start hugging me and holding me against his grubby, mucky body. I remember how he would make me laugh so uncontrollably until I started snorting unattractively. He was the only person in the whole entire world that had the ability to make me laugh like that.

       "When you were 11?" I asked incredulously, my hands now on my hips, "the last time you did that was two weeks ago."

        Zack grinned suddenly, flashing his shiny white teeth. Then he chuckled and sheepishly rubbed the back of his head. "Well, old habits die hard." Then he pouted again, "but still, I'm not a frog."

       I folded my arms across my chest and frowned at him angrily - after all, he had just planted a big fat kiss on my lips without my permission. Of course I was angry! I wasn't being unreasonable either - wouldn't you be mad if someone had taken your first kiss just like that? It wasn't even a romantic setting. My lips were forming into a pout just thinking about it. 

      All my life I had dreamt of that perfect moment, that moment in which my lips would touch the lips of the love of my life. I would've been kissing the one I love, the one I was going to marry. It was going to be in a romantic setting - dimly-lit with candlelight, with the smell of roses and petunias in the air and La Vie en Rose playing in the background. 

      Hold me close and hold me fast, this magic spell you cast, this is la vie en rose... when you kiss me Heaven sighs, and though when I close my eyes, I see la vie en rose... when you press me to your heart, I'm in a world apart, a world where roses bloom... and when you speak, angels sing from above, everyday words seem to turn into love songs... give your heart and soul to me, and life will always be la vie en rose.

      La vie en rose. Translation; life in pink, or life through rosy glasses. A state where everything is rosy and cheerful. A state of bliss when everything around you is a state of joy. The kind of state you are in when you are deeply in love. In that moment, life is perfect and everything will be fine.

      Such a beautiful song, for such a beautiful moment. I wanted my first kiss to be so magical and special. I wanted it so so badly. Ever since I watched Sleeping Beauty at 5 years old, and ever since I attended Emma's and Troy's fake wedding when I was 8. 

      At 5 years old I understood how powerful and special and magical a kiss was. At 8 years old, I understood the importance of not giving away your special kisses to just anybody. A kiss was something special, something beautiful, and it was meant for someone who was worth it. Both Emma's and Troy's first kiss was to each other, and they've been together for 13 years now. In fact, they're getting married in a few months.