ix. don't need no вυттєяƒℓιєѕ when you give me the whole damn zoo

[ a u t h o r ' s n o t e ] : here's another chapter!!! after so so so long, I know, I'm sorry guys :c just so you know, I started this story when I was 12 cx aaand I'm turning 16 very very very soon... so yah, my style of writing might've changed ooor maybe it hasn't, I don't know, I can't tell cx please do enjoy this chapter though, and don't hesitate to ComVo c;

♛♕♛

CHAPTER NINE // don't need no вυттєяƒℓιєѕ when you give me the whole damn zoo

        Did I forget that the dude I was lipsmacking right now was Zackery Calvert, my best friend of 9 nine years, the guy I hated and loved at the same? No, of course not... Did I mind? Did I hate it? Surprisingly and unexpectedly... I did not.

       My eyes were closed, and I felt light. It's completely and utterly cliched but I felt as if I was flying... my feet were grounded but my soul was flying and travelling to different places. My heart was beating erratically. I felt breathless. Now I understood why Stella's cousin had passed when kissing her boyfriend - the feeling you get when your lips meet another... it's indescribable.

       Zack's lips were soft. Delicious. 

      OhmyGod. Did I just admit that my best friend's lips were delicious?

      Holy shit he tasted so good.

      Does everyone's mouths taste this good??

      Did he brush his teeth??

      HOLY SHIT DID I BRUSH MY TEETH???

     All thoughts and worries I had in my head diminished because Zack's lips were still on mine and I was getting funny feelings in my stomach. It wasn't one of those kisses that you typically see in movies, you know the ones where the man and woman are hungrily ravaging each other's lips with passion, and their hands are all over each others' hair and bodies, and they're making out against the wall and they're both moaning? No, our kiss wasn't like that at all. Our kiss was simple. Simple, yet sublime.

     Our lips weren't even moving. They just stayed connected. I don't know if the bell rang, or if anyone saw us kissing, or if there was an asteroid hurtling towards the Earth right now... the only thing I was focusing on was the amazing feeling erupting around my entire body as Zack and I stood there, our lips pressed together. 

      You know that song, Starving by Hailee Steinfeld, and one of the lyrics are: 'don't need no butterflies when you give me the whole damn zoo'? Well that's exactly how I was feeling. In my stomach right now there was a stampede of zebras and gazelles and whatever animal stomped on Simba's dad. 

      Maybe seconds passed, or minutes or hours, but Zack finally pulled away and we spent the next few seconds staring at each other with our eyes wide and our mouths wide open, the realisation sinking in that holy shit we both just kissed.

      Our Twilight-esque staring moment didn't last for long though because I raised my hand and it met Zack's cheek in a shocking, painful instant. 

      Zack's eyes grew even wider and he looked at me as if I was some deranged animal. His hands flew up to his now red cheek and he cradled it whilst saying in a very accusing tone, "Danielle!! What the hell was that for?? That's not what you're supposed to do after someone's just bloody kissed you!"

      "Why are you complaining?? My hand hurts, Goddamit," I retaliated, now cradling the weapon I just used. Was I being unreasonable? Yeah, maybe so. But still, have you ever slapped someone's face really hard? You actually experience some pain of your own as well.