chapter 12

Calum had been gone for almost six months, and it's been the hardest six months of my entire life.

I had gone back to surfing everyday, but half the time I wasn't enjoying it. I loved the surf, but not being with Calum killed me.

To make matters worse we haven't even talked to each other for a month.

every time I would try to text or call Calum he would just ignore me, and it was starting to worry me.  I hoped he wasn't mad at me, and that he was alright.

I laid in my bed debating weather to call Calum or not. I decided against it and called Ashton to see if he knew anything.

Ashton answered almost immediately, which made me worry even more.

"hey ash, can I ask you something?"

"uhh yea anything," Ashton replied not sounding focused on the conversation.

"is Calum alright? like he's not mad at me or anything? he hasn't been answering any of my calls."

"umm, hold on let me go into the other room."

I heard a door slamming and Ashton's voice once again.

"About that Logan, he's going crazy. he can't live without you, and the thought of you just kills him. he's not himself anymore."

"what do you mean, he's not himself?" I asked being rather concerned.

"he only gets out of bed when he has to,  and he doesn't have the same personality he used to in interviews and on stage. he just misses you so much, and he doesn't know what to do."

I stayed silent. what was I supposed to say?

"But we are coming home for two weeks tomorrow. you can talk to him then."

"ok ash. thanks, and I'll pick you guys up from the airport tomorrow."

___________________________
"Logan I love you more than anything, you know that."

"yes Calum I love you too, but you're scaring me right now."

I could tell Calum was holding back tears, which only scared me more.

"being away from you is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. and I hate to say this Logan, but I can't do it anymore."

"wha-what do you me-mean," I managed to get out choking back my tears.

"you deserve somebody who can be with you everyday, you deserve someone who doesn't have to leave for months at a time."

we were both crying now, and I found it difficult to find words to say. I was speechless.

"I'm so sorry Logan. just know that I will always love you," Calum said as he got up off the park bench and walked away.

I pulled my knees to my chest and just cried. people stared, but I didn't care, I had just lost one of the best things to ever happen to me.