CHAPTER 40 : Not coming back ; Second chance

My 2 week vacation will end tomorrow. Jimmy left me my ticket and let me decide. He said it's up to me when, then I can just re-book my ticket. He wanted me to come back and work for them. I have receive emails from Jimmy. I intentionally did not give him my new number, just to make sure that I won't be bothered. But being a soft hearted me, I still gave him my phone number and just told him not to give it to Robert. I am not yet ready to talk to him.

Jimmy told me how sad Robert is since they got back home. 50% of the time when he is filming, he is not on his element and his friends and family were already worried. Robert assured them that he is just fine and needed some time to get back on track. He also made sure that he also talk to Susan about their divorce and the child's custody. I guess Jimmy will just let Robert tell everything, straight from the horse's mouth. My heart aches so much that I just let myself cry while Jimmy speak to me over the phone. I tried to hold back my sobs.

"Jimmy..." – I said to Jimmy on the phone, cutting off whatever he is still saying.

"I am not coming back.. " – I said in between sobs.

"What? Oh no, you are kidding me! Come on! We already talked about this! Don't do this to me!" –Jimmy seems not ready for my answer.

"I have already decided and this is the best for both of us. I don't want to ruin him nor do I want to hurt myself anymore. I guess, it's time to move on and have our separate lives. I'll get the ticket cancelled and I'll pay for the refund. Thank you for everything. It was a pleasure to work with you and I love you to the moon, my dear brother." – I guess this is goodbye.

"Baby girl let's just keep in touch, okay? Your position is still not occupied and I am not going to get any replacement. I am not giving up on you. I know you will have a change of heart." – With that, I hang up. I just cannot take it anymore.

--

A month have passed and still Jimmy and I were exchanging emails. He gets to call me once in a while. I guess my brotherly love for him did not fade and it only grew stronger every day. I really don't have a brother that's why I am so grateful I have Jimmy. Brother not by blood but by soul. He knows me very well.

At the back of mind, I wonder about Robert. Part of me is sad because he did not try to get in touch with me. Does he really care for me? Does he love me still? I cannot blame the circumstances because this is what I want right? Not to speak to him? Well I think I got what I want already.

At the later part of this month, I also went out with friends and started to mingle again. I also went out with Richard several times and it's like meeting a long lost friend! It feels so right. He comforted me through this rough times and became my shoulder to cry on. He never took advantage of the situation when I am very vulnerable. This is very familiar with me. We've been in a relationship for 6 years before we broke up because of Robert.

Then one night...

Richard asked me out. Just the usual that we do when we go out on a date. We normally just do an evening walk and go to a nearest convenience store and eat ice cream.

We are seated on the bench just outside the store, enjoying our ice cream when Richard popped out this question:

"Do you still love him?"

I was caught off guard. I wasn't able to answer back. I tried to search my heart. Part of me says I still love him but part of me says I have to move on because that's what is right. I look at him in the eyes.

"Why'd you asked?"

"Because I still love you. Do you still remember what I told you when you were in the hospital? I love you and always will. It did not fade. Can we give it another try?" – Richard looking me in the eyes

"I honestly don't know. I don't want to give you false hopes." – I try to search my heart. A part of me says I still have my love for Richard. We've been together for 6 years and I think we can give it another try. Who knows?

"I will pursue still. I'm not going to give you up, I love you!" – Richard is very sincere with what he is feeling.

I tried to grasp and absorb everything that he said to me. I am willing to give it another shot. After all, we are "normal" people and this is what normal people is bound to do. I need to move on from my heart break with Robert first. I don't want this to be a rebound for Richard. It's going to be unfair to him.

"Listen, I don't want to answer it right now. I just want us to enjoy what we have right now. I don't want to be in a hurry."

With that, Richard smiled and I smiled back at him. Then we continued to eat our ice cream and joke around.

--

Richard walked me to our front door and kissed me on my cheeks and said our goodnights. I shut the door behind me with a wide smile plastered on my face. I went straight to my room and lie down in bed. I was startled when I heard my phone ring. "Unknown number" on the caller ID. I wonder who it would be. I answered it and a familiar voice echoed on the other line :

Me: "hello?"

Robert: "Hey, it's me. Robert"

Me: "Hi." – I said lamely.

Robert: "Listen, just hear me out, okay? I am so sorry if it took me some time to get in touch with you. Remember I promised you that I will settle everything first? I already did. Will you take me back? Please say yes? I love you, honey and I miss you so much!"

Me : "How'd you get my number?" – Playing innocent, I know that he might have gotten it from Jimmy.

Robert: "That's not important. So what's your answer?"

Me: "Sorry.... I can't"

Robert: "What do you mean? Come on honey! Give me a chance. Don't you love me anymore?

Me: "I got back with Richard. We are together again." –

I totally LIED to him. I guess I just don't want to complicate things anymore.