CHAPTER 26 : Cheating and Destiny

I woke up shivering. I was no longer surprised because I still remember what happened last night! I must be drunk but my mind is still very clear. Robert and I shared a wonderful night together. Yeah! An amazing and unforgettable 'Birthday Sex' ! Geezzz.. Awkward!

I opened my eyes and of course I found myself naked! My body aches maybe because of the exhaustion from yesterday's activities! Yeah, I know! I pulled up the blanket to cover my body and felt a strong arm embrace me. I looked into my side, oh good! Robert is still here. What??! He is still here? Why? I looked at the side table near the lamp, clock reads 7:30am. Gosh! I need to wake him up!

"Robert.. Robert! " – I tap him several times on his arms. I just received groans from him.

"Hey! Wake up! You'll be late with the meetings today!" – I shook him but he just mumbled something like '5 minutes'.

"Get up! You need to go!" – I repeatedly shook his shoulders until he opens his eyes.

"Good morning, princess! How are you?" – he smiled and greeted me with his husky voice.

"aching.. sore...?" – I gave him my naughty smile then I tapped his nose.

"Really? I must've been rough to you last night? Sorry!" – Robert pouting and caressing my bare back. He pulled me closer to him and kissed my forehead."

"Yeah, you were. But it's okay! Get going! Jimmy will get mad at me if he doesn't see you by 10am." – I began to stand up but to my amusement he just pulled me back to bed!

"Where do you think you are going? " – he put his arms around me and held me into a tight embrace.

"Robert, let me go. I can't breathe!" – it felt good but hey! He needs to get his ass up or else he's gonna miss work today!

"I'm not coming to work today. Already called Jimmy early this morning even before you wake up. I asked him to cancel the meetings I have today. I said I am not feeling well and needs to reschedule it tomorrow. And besides, I don't want to be there without you. I need you there!" – Oh great! He had already planned this out!

"Rob, you know that I need to see Richard today right? So there's no choice. You need to go. I am not pushing you away but it's for the best for all of us. I promise to have dinner with you tonight, okay? Just wait for my text." – me to Robert. The more that we prolong this moment, the more it will become painful for all the 3 of us. I really need to talk it over with Richard.

Soon after about a few minutes, my phone buzzed. Speaking of the devil, it was Richard!

"Hey..." – I answered.

"Hi love! What time are we going to meet? I'll pick you up?" - - it was Richard. I can sense excitement on his voice. Unfortunately, I don't feel the same anymore. Gosh! Call me mean but that's how I feel right now. Maybe yes, I've fallen out of love with him. Maybe because of the distance and I was able to realize things about our relationship. It's not going anywhere. Which made me sad.

"Oh, no need! Meet me at Sports Grill at 1pm. It's just a few blocks away from 56th St. I'll see you later. Bye! " – I quickly hang up the phone.

I looked at the time it was already 10am. How fast time flies. Robert was just lying on the bed. Staring at the ceiling. I can see he is kind of a worried.

"Hey.. what's with that?" – I asked him when I got back to bed. I am now on my PJs and hoodies and he is on his boxers. Still top half naked, no shirt.

"What?" – He looks at me in the eyes. He can't hide that from me. I can see his soul.

"You are worried, right? Don't be. I can handle this. I'll talk to Richard. Knowing him, he will understand. I know that I was the one who betrayed him by allowing this to happen but I guess some things are bound to happen for a reason. And we will let destiny prove that." – I assured him that everything will be okay. I gave him a quick kiss on the cheeks.

"Now, get up! I'm hungry!" – I smiled at him.  He stood up and we both went to the kitchen.

We ate our breakfast. I just prepared and sliced fruits from the fridge and I cooked some pancakes and eggs. Robert then prepared coffee and orange juice.

We just ate in silence and my mind is wandering. I cannot believe that I am going to end my 6 year relationship with Richard and risk my feelings for Robert that I don't even know if it will last.

I started to reminisce the day I met Richard and the happy moments that we were together. I brought some sort of a pain in my chest. A sharp pain that I never felt before. I really don't know what happened, but I just found myself falling out of love form Richard.

On the other hand, I began to think of what I and Robert had shared together. We've shared a month but here we are, seems like we spent more than a lifetime! Exaggerated as you may call it but it is how I feel. I am now ready to face the reality.

"Hey, you alright?" – Robert ask me while he hold my hand.

"Yeah, I'm okay. No worries!" - - then I smiled to Robert.

We continue to eat and got us dressed. Robert received a phone call from his lawyer regarding his divorce. He will be meeting up with him to sign the documents for finalization. He will be free.

"I got to go. Promise me you'll meet me at dinner, okay?" – Robert to while he hug me. He kissed me in the head and said his goodbye.

"Yeah I will, I promise. See you tonight. Take care" – I walked Robert towards the door and before I can shut it, he turned around and gave me a passionate kiss on the lips.

"I love you!" – Robert said then he finally pulled away from the kiss and walked towards the elevator.

CHEATING, yes you may call it. Yeah I finally admit to myself that in a way I have cheated on Richard but God knows how I tried to avoid that so many times but I guess it is already DESTINY that is dictating what I and Robert needs to do.