CHAPTER 25 : AWKWARD MOMENTS

"Oh gosh! It's Robert Downey, Jr.!" – Richard was so surprised to see him there and immediately turned into a FAN mode! He shook Robert's hand continuously. I just stopped him. Robert is still confused.

"Robert this is Richard, my BOYFRIEND and Richard this is Robert, my BOSS." – I said casually. Both men shook hands again & then sat on the bar seat.

Gosh! It's so awkward. I know that Robert is feeling the same way too. And I think I saw hurt in his eyes when I introduced Richard to him as my boyfriend. Oh God. I don't want to be mean.

"I am so surprised, Richard! Why didn't you tell me you'll be here? I should've picked you up from the airport!" – me to Richard, trying to ease the slight tension. Robert just stayed quiet and ordered his drink from the bar.

"That's why it is called surprise! I have no intention on telling you. I planned to visit you tomorrow. I got your address from Matt from the hiring agency." – He looks so excited. But I don't feel the same way. That is so surprising! I normally get enthusiastic seeing him because I missed him for almost a month. The feelings were never there anymore.

As Richard ordered his drink and began to talk to the other band members that went to the bar as well, I turned to Robert with apologetic eyes. He looked at me and whispered "it's okay!" and then he smiled. Robert being a gentleman, stood up from his seat and excused himself from the group. Telling them that he needs to attend to the rest of the production team we are with. I just nodded back to him and told him I'll follow in the next couple of minutes. The band just gave him a high five and took pictures with him then went off.

We talked for about 10 minutes more then I told Richard I need to get going because I need to attend to the others we are with. I just gave him my cellphone number and he said he wants to visit me tomorrow. He hugged me and kissed me deeply on the lips.

"I miss you so much! I love you!"-Richard said. I never responded and just pulled away and gave him a peck on his cheeks and walked away.

That was really awkward. I don't know how will I explain this to Robert? I didn't know what to say to him. I went back to the VIP room and found Robert sitting by himself and staring at the glass window overlooking the dance floor. I sat beside him and held his hand.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know that he is gonna be here in LA. He never told me." – me to Robert. I am really lost for words.

"Don't be, Nathalie. Trust me. I am not in the position to get hurt or something. We are not yet official, right? He is still 'technically' your boyfriend!" – I can sense jealousy in his tone of voice. I really hate what is happening right now.

The groovy music, suddenly turned into a mellow song. A love song. Giving the chance to at least rest for the party goers. Some took their partners and began swaying to the love song being played by the DJ. The lights from the dance floor also became dim and the lights on the stage went off. I think the band is also now preparing for their set.

I was just sitting there, quiet and just looking down. Trying to absorb everything that is happening. When I heard Robert said :

"Can I have this dance? " – Robert giving his hand to me, asking me to dance with him.