CHAPTER 15 : PASSENGER SEAT (A moment to cherish)

I woke up the following morning w/ the cold morning breeze. I can smell the aroma of the coffee. Geezz. I suddenly felt excited. I tried to search for the familiar frame of body beside me with my hands but to no avail. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked 3 times before my vision is cleared. I searched through the room but Robert is nowhere to be found. I looked at the side table, it is just 7am. I decided to get up from the bed and went straight to the bathroom. I washed my face, brushed my teeth and fixed myself. Then I decided to go downstairs.

I can hear familiar voices. Occasionally laughing. Looks like they are having fun! I went straight to the kitchen and saw Monica and Robert eating their breakfast. Robert as usual is having his coffee. It pumps him up for the rest of the day. Both of them smiled at me when they saw me coming in.

"Aww! You ate without me? Why didn't you wake me up?" – I complained childishly.

"Sorry honey, I just can't wake you up. Looks like you are enjoying your sleep. And one more thing, you are just so beautiful when you are sleeping." – Robert gave me a wink.

I can't help myself but to blush and my eyes caught Monica raised her eye browse teasing me. Hah!

"Oh shut up Robert! You are not my boss this week, okay? Now, where is my coffee?!" – demanding my coffee from him

Although I asked for him to make me coffee, I still went to the coffee pot to make my own. He followed me then we both grab the pot. I was startled and lost my grip. The pot slipped through my right hand and the hot coffee splashing on my left hands. God! It was so hot! I think it went numb for a while.

"Ouch!"  - I yelped.

"Oh no! I'm sorry! C'mon! Let's clean it!" – Robert looked nervous.

"Oh, it's okay. I'll take care of it." – then I smiled to Robert.

"I better get going. I need to be at the hospital by 7:45am. I'll let you do whatever you want to do today. But tomorrow until Saturday we will go out. I'll tell you my plans, ok? I have dad's car at the garage. You can use it. I'll see tonight at dinner. Let's meet downtown Seattle, okay? Will call you! And... behave! Okay?!" – Monica leaving her final instructions. She got her things from the living room and I heard the door shut.

"Let me see your hands, still hurts?" – Robert, looking too worried.

"Robert, I'm fine. Don't worry okay?" – I managed to cup his left cheek with my other hand, then smiled. He took it from his face and held it with both hands.

"Can we go out today? I just want to have a road trip. I just want to explore Tacoma or maybe Seattle. I don't know. You? Any idea?"- Robert asking me with a smile on his face. His eyes not leaving mine.

I was about to answer when I heard my phone buzzed. Saw my caller ID, it was Richard! I remember telling him that I will be visiting Monica. He is also excited about it.

I let go and pulled my hand from Robert's and answered the phone. I walk out the house to the front porch and sat there. Robert is left at the kitchen fixing the dishes.