CHAPTER 5 : STARTING OVER AGAIN

I went to the office at around 6:30am. I called Philip last night to pick me up at 6am. I’ve already assumed that I am not able to sleep well due to what happened last night. I am wearing my favourite skinny blue jeans, my chucks now this time is colour red and my lack DC hoodie. I tried to be as casual and comfortable as possible since I’m very sure that it will be a tedious day for everybody. I might be walking all over the place and sprinting and dashing here and there from time to time.

I arrived too early and decided to just walk around the Starbucks across the building. This should keep me awake till the production team arrives. I walked inside and ordered my coffee. Not minding the other customers waiting to pick up their orders on the other side.

“One caramel macchiato, pls. And oh, make it stronger. Add one more shot of brew. Thanks!”

When I was about to pay, a hand stop me from handing the cashier the money. “what the F—“ I haven’t finished blurting out the words and the man said “On me.”

It was Robert.

I looked to my right, and I tried to shove his hands. I don’t want him to pay for it. I can buy mine.

“Uh boss. It’s okay! I got it! – I handed the money again to the cashier. This time, I can sense that the cashier is getting confused and irritated.

“I said, it’s ROBERT! And do you really wanna get fired this morning? Im loosing my patience, lady!” – he narrowed his eyes and his tone is more serious.

He handed the money to the cashier. Then I waited for my coffee on the side.

“Why are you too early? Are you excited with your new job?” – he smirked at me.

Oh my God, this man is such a pain in the ass? Why does he want to irritate me? He is starting to get into my nerves. Adding to that aggravation, I’m starting to get a headache. My head is now pounding!

“Of course! Who’s not??! Are you?” – replying w/ sarcasm

“Yeah. I get to be paid millions here! Who’s not?” – wohh! Strong words. Very conceited.

“Whatever!” – I said to myself in a low voice

“What’s that?” – I think he heard me

“Caramel Macchiato for Nathalie!” – the Barrista called out

“Oh, nothing! Oopps! That’s my coffee! Thanks again! I’m outta here!” – I got my coffee and then dashed towards the coffee shop’s exit!

What’s wrong with that man? In a moment he could be the most angelic and sweet person that you could ever meet and for another second he transforms into a beast!

Split personality? Nah! I’ll get used to it! For the love of my job and for my family!

I decided not to walk back to the building yet. I decided to walk to the park besides the building, sit there and drink my coffee. It is getting sunnier so I decided to put on my aviators. I am having a peaceful moment getting ready for the vigorous work later when I sensed someone sat beside me.