CHAPTER 7 : JUST YOUR ASSISTANT

I woke up with the smell of coffee! Oh God! It smells good! I opened my eyes and I am still on the couch. I saw a familiar face staring at me from the other end of the couch.

“God morning sunshine!” – Robert greeted me with a smile on his face. He is still wearing the same night clothes that he had last night.

I did not respond. I looked at the time from my mobile phone at the table. It says 9am. Too early, I say to myself.

I turned to look at him. His hair is still in a mess. Flying everywhere. But he still look damn sexy!

“Coffee?” – he gestured to the venti tumbler on the side table. It was from Starbucks.

“You went to Starbucks like that? “ – I asked him curiously

“Oh no, I got them delivered here. C’mon, get up! Let’s eat!” – he stuck out his right hand as if asking me to hold it so he can pull me but I just completely ignored it.

“Thanks, but I can manage.” – I said straight to him then got up. When I stood up, I tried to regain my balance. I felt suddenly dizzy. I went out of balance, he then catch me.I looked at him in the eyes.

“Oh, sorry. Thanks though.” – then everything went silent. I can sense that he is hurting with what I am doing to him.

He then changed the topic. He talked about how he wanted to do the work later. I just listened and nodded. Trying my very best to take note in my mind everything. All the time, I’m not really talking. I just concentrated in drinking my coffee and eating my sandwich.

“Nathalie, listen. I’m sorry. I really don’t mean to –“ – he started to explain but I didn’t let him finish.

“Look Robert,it’s totally fine! I know you are lonely because of what had happened to you and Susan. I know you are vulnerable for these things as of the moment. And I’m sorry if I am not able to control myself as well. And besides, we are nothing.Right? I am just your assistant. No worries.” – I told him. I can feel a sharp pain in my heart. Shit! I feel hurt!

“It’s not “nothing” for me, Nathalie. There is something in you that prompted me to kiss you. I am also quite surprised because I’ve only known you for 2 days but I think I am beginning to fall for you.” – Robert is very emotional right now