CHAPTER 12 : BIRTHDAY-OFF!

It's good to be finally back in LA. I miss this calming LA morning sun! Jimmy and the crew was given a week off by Robert since we have just done the post filming. We will use this week to take some rest and get ready for next week as we will start new filming for Robert's new movie.

Oh, and it's my birthday this Friday so I think this is a good idea that I don't have work for the week. I decided to call Monica, a very dear friend way back home. She migrated in the US since 2007. She lives in Tacoma and for the longest time, we haven't seen each other. Not even when I went here in the US to work. I think this is the best opportunity to spend time with her before I resume working again by Monday.

I am not really into night outs or late night gimmicks and what not. I'd rather stay home, watch movie or if I need to go out, I just go the mall and go into a bookstore or just stroll around until I get tired.

I looked for Monica's phone number and dialed it                                               

"Hello?!?" – Monica on the other line. Sounds she is confused.

"Hi, Monica! It's me, Nathalie!" – me to her, so excited!

"Oh my gosh! I miss you so much! " – Monica

"Yeah, that's why I called you! It's going to be my birthday on Friday! I'm on a work break this entire week, can I spend this week at your place? " – I'm really excited to see her!

"Of course! Why not! I would really love that! How but you come here tomorrow and we will plan for your birthday? How does that sound to you? " -  Monica is excited too! J

"Of course! That's amazing! I better get my tickets booked for tomorrow! I'll see you tomorrow then, okay? Thank you so much! " – It's gonna be one hell of a party!

I went online and booked my ticket back and forth. Tomorrow is Tuesday and I plan to go back on Sunday night. I think 2 days planning for my birthday will be enough. I'll leave it all to Monica.

I browsed through my contacts and decided to send a text message to Robert. I will ask permission from him that I will go out of State. Although literally it was my week off, I still feel that I need to tell him where I will be since I am his assistant and can be "on call" depending on his needs.

" Hi Robert! I will be flying to Tacoma tomorrow. I'm going to spend the week with my friend. I will be back Sunday morning. Do you need me to do some errands for you before I leave? Just let me know. Thanks! "

I waited for a response but I did not receive any soon. I think he is still asleep. He must be too tired of the workload we had for almost 2 weeks. I decided to just start packing my things when I heard my phone ring. I stopped from what I am doing and looked into the caller ID. It was Robert.

"Hi Rob! Good morning! Sorry if I have disturbed you."  - me to him. I think I miss him already. 

"Good morning sweetie! No you did not wake me up. I was already up since 6am. I just came back from my morning run" – I can picture him smiling 

"So why did you called? Do you need me to run some errands for you today before I leave tomorrow?"  - I asked him 

"Yeah, if that's not too much for you? I know it's your week off. Can you come here at the house lunch time? I just need you to fix my schedule for next week and I'm going to hand you some of the contracts and other documents." – Robert inviting me again to come by his house