Chapter 1: Mal's Crazy Idea

"Mal, come on! A picnic just like our first date together!" Ben cheers as he leads Mal into the forest, pulling her by the hand.

"I know! But I was going to go do homework!" Mal, daughter of Maleficent, laughs as she follows close behind him.

"I think we both know that even though you choose to be good, doesn't mean you are actually going to do your homework." The King, and son of Belle and Beast, says sarcastically as he brings Mal over to the small shrine near the Enchanted Lake.

"Hey! I've finished my homework before... Kind of." Mal shrugs with a smile as they both sit down to enjoy their picnic.

Yes, things in Auradon are exactly how they should be: filled with the people with goodness in their hearts, the children of the princes and princesses doing exactly as they should, and the four Villain Kids staying on their chosen paths of goodness. But there was one thing very off about Auradon and the Isle of the Lost.

Rumors have been circling of a different place, one unlike both Auradon and the Isle. One mysterious, different, a mix of evil and good, crazy island. In this case, a floating island. A place called Wonderland.

A floating island had recently been spotted in the dry weather when not a cloud could be seen in the sky. The island rested above, and in between, the Isle and Auradon—as if it fit perfectly in between the two like a continental bridge. And this was brought to nearly everyone's attention. Including the daughter of Maleficent.

"You know Ben..." Mal says finishing almost a whole bowl of strawberries. "There is this rumor humming around the kingdom..."

"Really? No one has told me anything about any rumors." Ben quirks an eyebrow, putting down a teacup with coffee inside.

"Yeah, and it's quite a big rumor too..." Mal pauses momentarily to think about how she would deliver the news to Ben. "An island was seen by some of Ariel's nieces down by the beach across from the Isle. A floating island, kinda like a sky island actually. They think it's somewhere King Beast used to banish people too. Like other villains that didn't fit on the Isle? But I thought that was impossible since I can name like every villain on the Isle. And it's every villain anyone has ever known. It's not like there are any others..." Mal shrugs thinking Ben will say it's probably a cloud formation or something.

Ben hesitantly answers, "Actually, they are partially right. There is one villain there that my father could never bargain with."

"Wait seriously?!" Mal sits up, suddenly interested.

"Yes... This floating island people are worrying about, is Wonderland. When my father tried to bargain with Wonderland's ruler, to bring people into Auradon with their own special place inside, she said no. She wouldn't allow it. So she took a magic spell from an ancient book of spells and decided to lift the island and bring it away from Auradon so no one would ever leave her rule. That's at least what my parents always told me." Ben picks up his coffee again to take another sip as if it was no big deal. Mal's face showed it absolutely was.

"Wait... So there are kids of Wonderland people on that island too?" Mal asks, thinking out loud.

"I would assume so." He takes another long sip of his coffee.

"What if their kids came here?" Mal smirks.

Ben nearly chokes. His cheeks swell up as he holds back the urge to spit out the hot liquid. He swallows and eyes her, shocked. "That would be absurd! No Wonderland child, let alone person, has ever set foot in Auradon!" Ben almost starts laughing.

"Yeah but haven't you read the Wonderland tale? I didn't think it was real before, but the fact that Wonderland exists proves it's true! Alice had to be here once too! And if she is trapped on the island, how do you think she feels? How do you think the children feel?" Mal said her words with feeling, like she knew their pain.

"That is true..." Ben puts a hand to his head now realizing he sounded like his father when he had almost said no to the VKs coming into Auradon. But look at where they are now.

"You gave us a second chance, Ben... Shouldn't you give them a second chance too? It's not like they could be any worse than us. We are villain's children!" Mal smiles knowing she had convinced Ben to do this. To do the right thing.

Ben waits and then smiles. "Alright... I'll see what I can do. If the Wonderland children can come, we will let them." Mal squeals and hugs Ben. Then Mal pauses and says, "Woah. Never let me do that ever again..."

Ben laughs but brings Mal into a hug and kisses her cheek. As they stand up to leave they discuss what the Wonderland children will have planned for them when they come. It was going to be a bumpy ride once the Wonderland children arrive.

This would be a task more difficult than either Mal or Ben could ever imagine...